OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Uneffecting Surrender :D
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:00 am 

This has been an idea in my head for a while now, but it's DESPERATELY needed. Some people, especially breathoffire2, often surrender to people (or in my case, friends) to give them packs or tournament slots. Breath, i know, does this often for newer players. There needs to be a way to do this WITHOUT killing your win/loss or rating. So how about...

Two Buttons:
-Surrender (as already is)
-Uneffective Surrender
--both players must hit "accept" (rather than "deny") that a player is giving away his spot.

Ways to prevent cheating:
-only turn this feature on for certain players that can be trusted not to use in sit n go
-only make this possible for rank x and lower
-only give this possibility to rank x and higher

my vote is for the first suggestion. Devs, Arbitor, Stumble, me, breath, Mlowe, panimer, xlom?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Uneffecting Surrender :D
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:28 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I dont see why would anyone do this after the beta and I dont think they will program this just for beta.

And anyway I am against such behaviour :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 5:47 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

IMHO, if you are in a tournament environment, everything has its consequences and you gotta bite the bullet.

On the other hand, what does seem out of place is that a private match win/loss counts towards your win/loss total (although not your rating). Sucks for teaching and training scenarios.

Lastly, perhaps ranked matches (not tournaments) should have a "friendly quit" option, in case real life gets in the way and one of the players has to go afk (both parties should have to accept for it to count in order to prevent abuse, of course)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 1:30 am 

well my win/loss ratio doesnt matter to me all that much but i would love to see a feature in tournaments that after your in the lobby and checked in you can leave the tournament in between rounds without penalties or without causing a player to essentially get a bye round.

and bring me all the newer players! ima whip them into shape and get them packs!!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:07 am 

I mainly want this because I'm greedy about my rating and stuff. If i have to take a chance at not being in a sunday tourney, I'm not gonna help out a noob xD So... Friendly Quit please? :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:11 pm 

Okay, so now that the interns have their titles and jobs, I think this should be opened up to the interns, and nominated non-intern players (such as breathoffire2)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:07 pm 

waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiit...

i just read your first post (bubbles) for the second time now...you really want a guy who surrenders not because he lost but because he wants to "help" players, not to lose his ratings? first i think you shouldnt surrender just to be nice and even if you do so this should be decreasing your rating. i mean you could get another account and go play with your friend and simply surrender to get them ratings, and, in tournaments, even packs. thats stupid in my eyes.

-Warcraft3: mandel2264 (inactive)
-Tibia: Lord Derbe (semi-active)
-Guild Wars: Silver Goober (inactive)
-CoD6: Rising Force (semi-active)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:11 pm 

eh i guess. nevermind all

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:12 pm 

LordDerbe wrote:
waaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiit...

i just read your first post (bubbles) for the second time now...you really want a guy who surrenders not because he lost but because he wants to "help" players, not to lose his ratings? first i think you shouldnt surrender just to be nice and even if you do so this should be decreasing your rating. i mean you could get another account and go play with your friend and simply surrender to get them ratings, and, in tournaments, even packs. thats stupid in my eyes.

he suggested this because quite often some of the nicer veteran players (such as myself) will surrender in the final rounds of tournaments and in sit n gos so that they get packs and qualify for special tournies. i personally dont care, if i cared about my win/loss record or my rating i would have half the amount of losses and be #1 in the leaderboards

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:13 pm 

see, i think its awesome what you do breath, but i also think your win/loss record should be accurate and you have the stats..

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next