OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Replay Analysis -- Jojo v Undertaker
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:14 pm 
Battle Dex Team

http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=19354

This was a great game. I thought it would be interesting to do an analysis. I would love to see other people's comments as well.

Deck Selection

I am not going to comment much on this, but I do want to point out that my (Undertaker's) deck selection has a certain mistake in it. You can buy a infantry, recon, and artillery cheaper by doing enlist infantry and enlist art/recon (2 cards) then enlist art and enlist infantry/recon. That was a definite mistake. I didn't prepare much for the tournament so my deck was not totally optimized -- I copied something I saw something someone else did -- obviously I did not copy it well. While there are millions of possibilities when choosing a deck (Fewar, is this accurate). I also probably should have taken a medic given the number of buffed infantry I had, though I didn't think I ever really wanted one.

Jojo's choice of survery the field seemed a little different to me. It is a good card, but not something I was expecting. Tank Commander was also something different. If worked well for him, but I would have liked him to have had a repair with it.

Early Game

The early game saw a similar opening move. Tech infantry with adrenaline boost to capture one resource.
The primary diffence as he wentt with a fighter and a speed infantry for his home resource and I used special forces. He may not have had the card or he may have wanted to save the money for the fighter.

I no fly zone his fighter. I often bring that card, but I always want it vs. Jojo.

His fighter tried to kill my special forces that took my home resource. I no flyed it and made an aa. If I would have airlift in an AA, it would have been a disaster since he airlifted in a heavy tank. I wonder if he was anticipating an airlift of an AA. His tank would have at least killed my infantry. It was a brilliant move on his part.

I made fighter hero up top to kill his fighter and I wanted to kill his tech infantry and artiillery. I thought I could get all 3. He wisely moved his speed infantyr and whole force up top. I had a wasted firepower artillery on the bottom. I thought that would cost me the game.

I managed to get his fighter and artillery, but he healed his ifnantyr. I also got the speed infantry. My major mistake here was not moving the artillerly up sooner.

I immediatly dropped light tank hero to take out his infantry and heavy.

Unfortunately, he puts tank commander on his tank and sooms away. I dance my artillery around, but he takes out my infantry and AA.

I airlifted my light tank hero to take out his bottom. I should have anticipated an infnatry hero at the bottom and used my recon to block the resource. If I would have, this would have been a much easier game. That was another mistake on my part.

I was able to keep my artillery safe on his side of the board. It did a lot of damage.

I used infantry hero to take the resource back. Then we both did airborne rangers to switch sides.

Very interesting

I thought I was dead as of Turn 14. We both had fighters, but his had 40 more hp. We both had special forces and he had an extra light tank veteran (23 hp left).

I didn't know this, but he also had 40 extra gold. That was a very bad position for me. We each had no cards.

We each took the control points. We each protected our own rather than sending a fighter 2 v 1 vs. a fighter and special forces.

I mad a fighter and he made a recon and artillery. I used my fighter to take out his light tank and go for his fighter. Unfortanately, he had an AA. It was a disaster.

I made a key decision on turn 18 by retreating my special forces way back. That special forces won me the game on turn 30. At this point, the game seemed hopeless. Therefore, I took a gamble and made 2 artillery, grouped them together, and hoped he would walked into me. He did. This was his tragic mistake.

He should have backed up at turn 22 and defended his point. Instead, he pushed forward. I was able to injure his force. He then sent a heavy and infantry up top. This was a complete waste. If he spent the gold protecting the bottom he would have won. These were really his only mistakes. He played perfectly and totally outplayed me up until this point.

Great game Jojo!!!!!!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Replay Analysis -- Jojo v Undertaker
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:42 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I see 2 mistakes in game ( which you mentioned ). You didnt block your resource with recon. If you did that, you would have won sooner. And jojo tried to take top after tuirn 21, when he should have send everything to bottom.

Other than that, there is nothing bad that can be said about your games.

I see that tech infantry with adrenaline shot is very popular on this map, Witcher did same thing to me.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:22 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

i realized another mistake of min in that game. i should have pulled my airborne ranger back from his cp and saved him for the later game. also the heavy wasnt the biggest mistake. i could have send him down which also would have helped me alot -.-

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:29 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

of course heavy wasnt a mistake, just sending him up was :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:09 pm 

This was an amazing game.

I am not sure Jojo made a big mistake trying to take the top point. I would have probably done the same thing -- I'm obviously no expert as evidenced by my first round defeat, but, Logic would dictate that Undertaker would have to fully commit to the bottom to get back the point. If he did that, Jojo could have taken the top point even if he lost the bottom one. I think the problem was that Jojo went for the top too soon. If he would have waited a little bit and hit it with more, maybe an AA and a fighter to go with the Heavy, he would have gotten the top. I don't know. Just throwing it out there.

I still can't believe Undertaker won. Every few rounds, I was like, wait, did Undertaker really win this game. It didn't make sense. Jojo had unit advantage, gold advantage, point advantage, position advantage, for most of the game. I may have conceded around turn 22 or 23. It was great play by Undertaker, not really a mistake by Jojo, that did it, I think.

Great Great Great Replay. Good times to watch.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:05 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

This game doesn't compare to the Great Solid when he was at his prime.

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1958&p=11367#p11367

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:29 am 

solid wrote:
This game doesn't compare to the Great Solid when he was at his prime.

Yeah, solid didnt even come CLOSE to being that amazing.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]