OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Timid Finish?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:35 am 

Hi everyone.

I'm still fairly new at this game so I'm not sure if I'm handling things properly once I've gotten a significant lead. Specifically I'm worried that I'm turtling way more than I should be. While I did win this game, I'd appreciate any constructive criticism on how I played (specifically the late game) because I'm feeling unsure about my strategy.

Thanks in advance!

Rothmorthau

http://www.battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=15947

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Timid Finish?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:11 am 

I thought you played great but im still fairly new too

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 12:55 pm 
Battle Dex Team

You played great. Biggest mistake I saw was that you did not send something to protect your left middle resource earlier once you had a 3-0 resource advantage (4-1). Also, I did not think you need to press forward to take the second control point. If you have all 3 middle resoruces and a cp lead, just sit back and let him come to you. You dont need to take his point.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:13 pm 

Hmm I suppose that makes sense about taking the second cp. I just worry that being passive gives my opponent a chance to mass units up (2 Arty's and a recon isn't all that expensive) that could slowly start picking off my units. I took the second cp to try to force him to move quickly before he had a chance to build up a force again, and then I started sending aircraft to force him to make AA's which I was less worried about. That was my train of thought anyway.

But what you're saying is that the resources I was using to take the second cp should have been used for more defense? Maybe a fighter instead of 2 infantries?

And good call about that left resource, I should have sent a recon or something over there once I was comfortable in mid.

It's funny to me that I was worried about being too timid when in fact I may have been too bold :-)

Thanks for the advice.

Rothmorthau

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]