OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Trading Starter Deck Cards
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:57 pm 

I don't think we should waste space by posting trades of individual common cards or Starter Deck cards that everyone has. While many of these cards are useful, there is no reason to post a single Binoculars or No Fly Zone card for trade by itself when every single player has one or more of these cards already. If you really want to get rid of some of these, you should probably post them in bulk for a small point cost or for 1 uncommon or rare card.

If the queue of trades gets too full of trades like this, we will probably implement some kind of trade expiration feature since I suspect someone giving Binoculars for just about anything will never get executed.

Or perhaps the solution is for us to implement the "mark these cards as extras" feature on the "My Cards" section so that other players can see the extra you are trying to get rid of. If someone really wants these, there would be a search for extras feature and place an offer directly to a player. No reason to post individual trades for these.

Thoughts?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Trading Starter Deck Cards
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:42 pm 

i noticed that and thought it was really odd. The only 3 cards in the starter deck worth getting multiples (airlift 3, minor arillery, and medic) are the ones i HAVENT seen people offer!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:15 pm 
Contributor
Contributor

Humm...

I think the trading queue will get clogged no matter what you do, mate. It is only natural that rookies will start trading Commons on a 1:1 basis, until they get experienced enough to know which Rare/Ultra they want, and how many Commons said Rare/Ultra is worth.

(nobody wants to sell a bulk for too cheap :) )

Methinks the best solution is indeed a good search function; marking card as surpluses seems like a good idea, but IMHO people should be able to attach a price to those.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:30 am 

there's already a search function, but i do believe that as more people start coming to the community, the Trade section needs to be reworked so it's less clogged like that

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:48 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Yup.

IMHO; the trade section need both better organization and search functions, like being able to set up trades by card categories (Vision, Discount Units, Movement, etc), with a "Bulk" category for trading cards of different categories, the option to search and filter for min/max packs and/or points, etc.

Right now, the section is quite useful if you know what you are looking for and how much it should cost; but somewhat impractical if you want to strenghten your deck with a limited budget and you want to compare different options.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]