OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: Training Mission 7
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:57 pm 

Well, I played this level two dozen times, getting up to 18 kills and only losing 3 units. I couldn't seem to beat level though. This way does work, which acutally really bothers me. Resorting to cheating the dumb AI which wouldn't take back it's CP, or even go after mine in my territory, is simply bad programing IMHO. This is a "training level", and i'm sorry, but it's way too demanding, this early in the training. I think many people will be turned off by this extrodinarily difficult level.

On a side note, i tried this tactic with my limited cards, (i didn't buy any), and was able to do it a little more streamlined. I only buffed up the merc fighter with 50% speed increase, I didn't buy any Helicopter at all, and I don't have eject, so I used the 2 paratroopers to jump out of the plane.

Props to you for figuring out this way, innovative thinking like this is very impressive. I think we lucked out in the computer not taking the CP back, but stil, Props to you.

Now on to the new training missions (finally!!!)

+High Vibes

Max10192 wrote:
i found a way that is kinda unfair. Get a mercenary fighter with speed buff ( 75%) to the NE barrier itself. place it in the middle highground. Have a mercenary chopper with speed buff follow behind. On your second turn use last line of defense and place a mercenary artillery in your base. Use airlift 3 and get the recon the heavy tank and the artillery over to your mercenary fighter. Use eject on your fighter and put cloaking on your inf. Make that inf go to the cp. You will lose many units but the inf will get the cp. a delta force will probably take your supplies, but it doesnt matter. The computer will not recapture its cp. Since you got the cp first ( the upper computer takes one a short while after) press submit without building anything. Do this until you have 25 points and you will win.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:26 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

It is eight mission and it is labeled hard. So its not early in the training. I am not sure why CPU does not take the right cp back, I think it did that before. But even if it tries to take it back, it is doable.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:56 am 

Max10192 wrote:
i found a way that is kinda unfair. Get a mercenary fighter with speed buff ( 75%) to the NE barrier itself. place it in the middle highground. Have a mercenary chopper with speed buff follow behind. On your second turn use last line of defense and place a mercenary artillery in your base. Use airlift 3 and get the recon the heavy tank and the artillery over to your mercenary fighter. Use eject on your fighter and put cloaking on your inf. Make that inf go to the cp. You will lose many units but the inf will get the cp. a delta force will probably take your supplies, but it doesnt matter. The computer will not recapture its cp. Since you got the cp first ( the upper computer takes one a short while after) press submit without building anything. Do this until you have 25 points and you will win.

looks like that has been fixed, NE enemy recaptured the CP about 7 turns after i capped it

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:03 am 

ok, never mind the last post, because i had unit still alive, they were forced to capture the point, if you have no units, no one moves.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:26 am 

OMG this is soooo annoying

Can someone pls post other tactics to beat this map?

Every time i send camouflaged infantry to NE CP it gets destroyed (no matter the turn, before or after i kill all incoming enemy infantry)

Taking right cp with artillery doesnt work aswell - no space for good line with 2xAA 2 Arti

I BEG U help meh

edit: Tried last stand etc drops - they fail because always my infantry is tergeted first (cloacked of course)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:32 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I believe this is written somewhere already. Cloaked inf will not help you, you need armor.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:40 am 

how shall I get armour for infantry other than buying packs?

im not gonna buy packs for a game i cant find 1v1 partners online

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:29 am 

take medic card and eject or airborne. you get the inf right next to the cp and move your units forward to let them take the hits, it doesnt matter if they die since they would only have 2 turns to live ( assuming you used last stand. This worked for me.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:35 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Cloaked inf wont help you if the cp is taken already. But you can try kill enemy infantry before it takes that cp. Then cloaked inf might not be seen ( I am not sure what opponent has around ).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:19 am 

well, lacking lots of cards, i had to do it different.

group 1: tech AA with binocs and a adrenaline shot infantry to left side
infantry caps resource turn 1, holds turn 2 caps CP turn 3/4 moves 1 turn 5, caps enemy res turn 6, dies heroically turn 7 (moving further into enemy territory.
the tech AA takes out the firghter guarding the CP turn 2 and 3.

the second resource point was never recapped.

group 2 is 1 infantry with adrenaline, moving for the second res spot in 2 turns, withdrawing towardls right border after capture, the tech AA moves to that side after killing the fighter.
2 artillariy gets added to this group and a recon.

this should give ye 3 res points and 1 CP at around round 6, all quite safe

then i popped my ace, a heavy tank hero, who moved into the right player control point zone (HT hero is strong enough to survive a round of fire on him. and the next turn airlift the artillary and a new heavy tank to the hero (nd a major repair on him. the withdrawn infantry from res 2 can then move onto the control point and cap it.

fiished it with 26 VP for me 24 for CPU, killed 20 units, lost 3 or so, i totally ignored the left CPU after round 6, his fighters did not turn up at all, probably after the heroic death of infantry 1, and the artillary killed off would be infantry CP point stealers

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next