OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Mission 8 Help
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:46 pm 

Get Airborne 2 to quickly capture the cp and the other thingy.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:47 pm 

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1970
training 7&8 as is recall.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:06 pm 

I took other peoples advice and moved my fighter hero to the bottom right side and used airborne 2 to capture the cp on turn 3 and sent the other infantry to the resource on the bottom. I sent my delta force to the top left cp first then had him go to the resource in the top right and capture it (you can't send him directly to it or else fighters will kill him). I got artillery and AA to defend the middle until I had about 16 to 18 points from cps. Then I moved my entire army to the bottom right corner and made sure to keep my VIP just behind the elevated terrain and out of sight of the enemy. I used the rest of my units to defend him and block enemy units from getting into visual range. I had my delta force and one infantry unit on the elevated terrain blocking it. I just moved my AA around to counter the rediculous amount of air heroes coming in. Luckily for me, they focused more on my now worthless artillery and not on my AA. I used a lot of healing cards to keep my heroes alive, I also had discounted AA and artillery which helped a lot in the beginning. I used fortify on an artillery early in the game. Overall, I feel like I got kind of lucky but this mission took me a lot of tries to beat.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:14 pm 

FINALLY beat it with the same tactics as always, only difference was i moved the inf like you said (and put the fighter hero there after it helped kill the infs+2heli's wave)
Same deck that i posted

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:55 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I played this for first time just now. I was wondering whats the problem, it was easy all the way, until 3 turns before end. Suddenly I saw lots of air units coming, and my inf was dead :) .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:32 am 

I actually used the marked infantry to cap CP in left north, infantry on adrenaline shot to cap the res left south, deltaf force to cap right north and then to right south and withdrew all troops to the left north CP,
bunch of artillary behond the walls, bunch of AA in front of it, use a couple airlifts to place them there and abandomed the base a bit.

the base gets shot up, but not in time to matter (got down to 400 hp or so at end.needed a medic once on the marked one (no guerrila or kevlar for me in my deck :(

this breaks up the waves a bit, since some will concnetrate on shooting the base instead of your troops, and with recruiting added artillary, you can keep the damage down quite well.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:37 am 

This mission is weird for me. What I do is capture the resources and control points pretty early. I them leave them over the rsources or control points, and defend with what units I have still alive, ocasionally building artillery or AA when I can afford them. The problem is I always seem to lose suddenly: the computer wil tell me I've lost because my control points, resources AND HEADQUARTERS has been captured by a CPU. I didn't even know headquarters COULD be captured. Thing is, when I survey the field after I lose, my units would still be standing over the control points and rsources, even though the control points and resources themselves have changed colours. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what is happening please? I'm really confused.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:40 am 

PatWPM wrote:
This mission is weird for me. What I do is capture the resources and control points pretty early. I them leave them over the rsources or control points, and defend with what units I have still alive, ocasionally building artillery or AA when I can afford them. The problem is I always seem to lose suddenly: the computer wil tell me I've lost because my control points, resources AND HEADQUARTERS has been captured by a CPU. I didn't even know headquarters COULD be captured. Thing is, when I survey the field after I lose, my units would still be standing over the control points and rsources, even though the control points and resources themselves have changed colours. Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, or what is happening please? I'm really confused.

do not skip the replays :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:06 am 

i just got this mission to 16 points then a wave of 4 light tanks and 2 artillary from opposite sides got me.

if you see artillary /ight tanks coming i'd move your objective guy out of there or defend a little further out

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:42 am 

i tried the whole retreat to upper left cp and got to 20 before i was picked off by a fighter that seems to patrol the whole area. i wonder if using the marked guy to get the cp there then retreating to back just over the elevation would work you can sort of defend the base and keep them from getting to your marked guy only issue may be if artillary comes north or west. also if needed you can use the elevation to hide.

edit: got it after i failed at 26 once. made a air barracade on the elevation near the cp put the marked guy behind it you'll get the occasional fighter that sneaks in from the side but move/heal as needed and you should be fine.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2