OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Training 5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:35 am 

I cannot find a way to even pass this mission let alone go for silver or gold trophies. Any suggestions as to what strategies I should try implementing would be appreciated. By turn two the AI has like 5 tanks out while I have a total of 3 or 4 units...

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Training 5
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:41 am 

need more units? use enlists! :)
Learn what units trump what units
Learn how to do good on that map (take a side and the middle)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:43 am 

Bubbles wrote:
need more units? use enlists! :)
Learn what units trump what units
Learn how to do good on that map (take a side and the middle)

I have a total of one enlist card lol. And its recon.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:50 am 

well, play the mission, take note of what the cpu sends to which side, think of what units counter it (ex. AA for fighter) and basically study the mission. I'm going to play it today on my alternate account, so if you're still needing help tonight, post here and i'll help you out if i remember

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:52 am 

The problem I'm having is his forces are too massive and they're everywhere. Middle's taken. Sides are both taken. Not enough funds to actively go out and take out any of his units without others getting in the way due to the way the maps designed. I know for a fact he's either starting with units or starting with far more funding than I am, which basically means im screwed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:15 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Of course he has more units, AI is too stupid to make it with same ammount as you. This really isnt that hard mission. Wait when you get to some harder ones :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:27 am 

Much more units will always trump smart play. You could send counter units sure, but if someone has 5 of the same unit vs 2, those 2 units are going to die and there is nothing you can do about it.

You say the mission isn't that hard, but it is, BECAUSE of how many more "support" the AI gets. I'm all for having the AI send unit after unit after unit, but to take on 1 big compliment of units when you only have like 500 gold is just not enough.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:10 am 

I find sending an infantry with an anti-air out to the right side of the map to capture the resources there works well. If you send a recon with it and place it right you can spot the buffed artillery behind the trees without it being able to see your unit, which makes it an easy target for a nice Minor Artillery, or whittled down by a camouflaged infantry.

At the start if you send out a fighter/heli of some sort and do an Airborne/Airborne 2 you can capture the resource/CP there quickly with little resistance as well (Possibly a light tank from the mid, so a heli might be a better choice if you can afford it.

At this point just overrun the middle with whatever units you want. I personally prefer using fighters and helis as tanks cant target air and the AI generally doesnt have much to deal with it with the exception of a couple of fighters and I think one anti-air.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]