OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: cant play replays
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:55 am 

can't seem to find an answer, so I reckon I just ask :)
when I want to watch a replay I'm supposed to click on the play button, and that's it, right?
cause when I do that it says "firefox doesnt know the protocol (battledex) cause its not linked to a program" or sth.
sorry for being noob and thanks....

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: cant play replays
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:56 am 

and in addition I cant chat. after typing I ofc press enter, but nothing happens...
help anyone? :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 7:56 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Devs are from US, they are still sleeping ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:14 am 

yeah, you posted at 4AM here xD

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:47 am 

so game devs have a hot chocolate at 8 pm and get tugged in at 9 pm? :) good to know, I always thought its more like programming till 6 am, then sleep the whole day xD

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:59 am 

Some devs have other jobs on top of BattleDex. Chrism is still a full-time lawyer, i think Ice works with another company at the same time, etc

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:24 pm 

Hi, the missing protocol would probably mean that the Battle Dex installer could not write to the registry. Are you sure everything was installed properly? One guy couldn't watch replays because he installed Battle Dex on his school computer, which could not access the registry.

And yes I do enjoy a good hot chocolate on a December evening.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:26 pm 

well it was installed properly, but I reinstalled it just to make sure...no problems...I just dont make it create a shortcut, but that shouldnt matter...
and it's my private laptop at home, so there should be no problem with the registry. when I was googling about the problem there were people saying a special software is needed (for other games e.g.), but with battle dex you usually just hit the play button, right?
any idea on the chat thing?

and maybe I should have a hot chocolate right now since it's snowing like hell, its almost 9 pm and I still have the last training mission to go xD

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:35 pm 

*bump*

sorry for being a pain, but I cant play the game from now on if I cant chat, and I'd really love to watch some replays to get some ideas on alternative strats, so I'd be really grateful for help....

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:06 pm 

Ok, can you search your registry for "battle" and see if you can find the entry as seen in these screenshots? On installation, it registers the battledex: protocol, which lets your browser know what to do with the replay URL's. Really this just passes a set of parameters to the Battle Dex Launcher.exe. Do you run Launcher.exe to start the game?

So you can see in my registry here it just passes in a game URL as a parameter. So technically you can watch a replay using the command line. Can you see if the following works? Open a command prompt. Then run it directly with a game number like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Battle Dex\Launcher.exe --url "battledexgame.com?action=replay&game=12371"

You can see the game number in the URL of any published replay. See if you can watch replays like that first. Then maybe we can get to the point where you can watch by clicking play in the browser.

Attachment:
bdexurl1.jpg
bdexurl1.jpg [ 245.79 KiB | Viewed 651 times ]

Attachment:
bdexurl2.jpg
bdexurl2.jpg [ 226.41 KiB | Viewed 651 times ]

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next