OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Fake players?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:20 am 

In the player finder, there are dozens of "people" who appear to be logged in 24/7, and yet they appear to have the stats of someone who has never played a single game ever. They also don't respond to messages.

It looks almost like these accounts were created to make it look like more people are playing the game than actually are.

Being in a European time zone, often I'm hard pressed to find a game, and have waited in queue many times for over 30 minutes to find a game. Therefore, messaging people to get a game going is my best option. But wading thru a sea of possiblely false "dummy players" is kinda a pain in the ass.

if these accounts are indeed fake, created and intended simply to keep up appearences, I request they be removed.

Thanks for your attention :)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Fake players?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:02 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

maybe they play only private games. Or someone wants to test play a map, so he logins with 2 accounts and start private game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:31 am 

someone you mean, 29 ACCOUNTS?

no one in healthy conscience would keep the computare turned on with 29 accounts.

BattleDex are using smurf's !!

with no single game, not even single mission, they are always the same people 24/7

common... if you want to cheat us, at least do it right!
place a BOT to respond "sorry playing game" after recive a msg

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:50 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I didnt check how many they are :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:05 pm 
Battle Dex Team

These are not fake accounts created by the company, if that is your question. I do not know what other people do.

I have noticed this too. It appears that some people log in and don't log out or log out and it doesn't register for some reason. We don't know if this is a problem on their end or ours and we don't have the time to track it down since we think it is probably on their end and it is not terribly important to us given what else we have to do.

Whenever we patch and restart the server, all of the names are cleared out. And then as the time to the next patch increases, more names that don't seem to be playing a lot show up. However, all of the names did log in and play, regardless of whether they finished the first mission. The fact is, some people play and are just on bootcamp, which doesn't even show up in the awards. My brother is not a gamer. He took 5 tries to beat boot camp (because he kept quitting) and is on like his third try on Mission 1. Sad, I know.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:33 pm 

Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

Sorry about suggesting that possibly something wasn't above board.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]