OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Killing a dead player's base still gives 400g
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:52 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I just got base rushed in a FFA by Jonulix with thor also hitting on me. I surrendered when my base was sure dead so noone would get the 400g from my base. But they still did. I mean in an FFA it's kinda your goal to get the 400g I guess but in this case thor snatched the money with his art hero...
I'm not sure how to handle this, but it should be obvious that a base rush in FFA is useless since by the time you got the 400g the 3rd guy already has enough victory points.
I actually don't know any case where those 400g would be useful. Maybe in a 4 man FFA (and in coops :P)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Killing a dead player's base still gives 400g
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:48 pm 

Yeah, Jonulix taking base rushes with lts too seriously man...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:00 pm 

http://www.battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=14838

That baserush helped me to hold my outter cp just in time :D

AND i got muppits res and CP so get a huge lead in gold, cp and res

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:27 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Cool game - you were lucky Altr attacked Schlumpfi and you would still have won if you lost that cp on the right side.

As I said this 400g reward might work in 4man FFA. But just imagine Schlumpfi flying a fighter up the the HQ and getting the last hit...
And if muppit surrendered (I don't know why he didn't), you wouldn't have gotten the cp he owned. I just don't like the system with the HQ destruction - it doesn't feel balanced.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:44 am 

hmpf wrote:

And if muppit surrendered (I don't know why he didn't), you wouldn't have gotten the cp he owned. I just don't like the system with the HQ destruction - it doesn't feel balanced.

i think it would of been wrong for me to of surrendered just to stop denyo getting the gold after he had got my base down . that was his game plan and i think it would of just started an argument if i had waited for him to get it down to say 200 hp then surrender . saying that i do think it is wrong for someone to get the cp and gold point for killing a base (like denyo did )
i think / hope its set up so that once someone gets there base hit , even if they surrender people can still get the gold for killing that base as i would not be happy for someone to just surrender to stop me getting that gold as if you go to kill a base off , you are putting all your aggs in one basket sending enough things to kill it instead of going for the cps etc
looking forward to seeing what chrism / ice has to say on this post

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:17 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I played a 4 man ffa, where I thought I cannot win anymore. I was pissed at my neigbour for what he did in game, so I went to base rush him. ( he couldnt win either, so I left it to other 2 to decide themselves ). And after I did that, I realized, that I get all his cps and resources and 400 gold. I had so much money that I could take all remaining cps easily, I just needed 2 more turns than I had. If I realized sooner, how big bonus this gives me, I would probably won.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:55 am 

All the res/cp of the dead player should become neutral, this way 1 player can help out another by not surrendering or sabotage him by surrendering

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:23 pm 
Battle Dex Team

It is supposed to work this way so that there is some incentive to kill a player. You don't get this bonus in teams anymore since there is already a big incentive to kill a player in teams.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:45 pm 

chrism wrote:
It is supposed to work this way so that there is some incentive to kill a player. You don't get this bonus in teams anymore since there is already a big incentive to kill a player in teams.

do you mean the 400 gold or all the res/cps? cuz the latter is really dependent on the person getting killed.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]