OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Game Crashing, 5th time already
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:50 pm 

This is a strange crash type, in a random turn I try to submit, the submit buttom turns into grey, doesn't make any sound then a inside game sound of "bug" happen, I try to restart client but it keeps searching for update and after a 30 seconds it says "unable to find update." I test my internet by cheking websites and everything works fine BUT battledex and bdex website. until last 4 times it was ok because it usually backs in 1-2 mins and I got reserve time, but at my last game with UncleMario it took 7 minutes. Seems like I only lose connection with Bdex.

The only reason I can see it would be by DNS, I use opendns, so please, if someone can tell me if something is happening and the reason is this, I will appreciate

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Game Crashing, 5th time already
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:04 pm 

A bug I know existis, is when Windows has downloaded and installed an update and not yet restarted ... BDex can behave erratically then.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:34 am 

last night i was playing Fantom Koala rated, right after he said GG because he was ready to surrender, the game crashed, sending me to the desktop, and freezing my comp for over 10 minutes, until i unplugged it. . So i lost.

Was ready to uninstall the game at that moment.

But i didn't make any rash decisions...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:20 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Please give us as many details on the crashes as you can so we can track them down. We are looking at your games now, but sometimes we can't see everything. Thanks.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:59 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

a good way to crash the game is to just open um various other games/programes/anything. I dont know why but that sometimes is a reason the game crashes.Also when you hear music and you start the client for a short time the music pauses dont know why. Maybe this is what happend to you if not go on.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:33 pm 

I don't ever have anything running in the back round when i play. Even going from full screen to windowed version is a big taxation on my system, and could take up to 30 seconds and blacking out screen.

I was playing him, and the sound started to get choppy, and then he said GG, and then 5 seconds later the screen cut to black, and threw me to the desktop, and was frozed there, totally unresponsive to any action for the next 10 minutes, so i unplugged. That's pretty much all the detail I have. Again, nothing that i know of was running in the backround. All my scheduled system tasks are on times i would never be playing, so it wasn't that.

i know this other issue was from a different post, but could you please correct our ratings for the 2 random team games that Geral and I mentioned from yesterday? Thanks again for the support.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:33 pm 

Wow.

Crashed again during a rated constructed game with Random. Two days in a row. Same thing, blanked out, sent to desktop. this time i wasn't hard frozen, but it asked me to log on when i loaded (which it never does), and it froze there, and froze again when i was at the loading screen.

Laser Squad Nemesis anyone?

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]