OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: movement order
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:35 am 

in a game vs altr i had a speed buffed aa and a altr used a lt both wanted to get the same hex at the beginning of the turn. His LT moved from the base over a road and then on grass 5 hexes, the next turn 4 hexes on the grass, so he used full movement in every turn and should start moving on tick 25. My aa with 4.5 movement just moved 1 hex in the turn before they collided. So it should move on tick 1 as i gave it order to move 5.

But Altrs lt moved before my aa could move. Not that it changed the game if i could move first, but i just try to understand movement as well as i can, but this behavior was new for me.

Here's the replay. Turn 13/14 at the right cp: http://battledexgame.com/player_games.p ... e_id=28696

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: movement order
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 pm 

I'm not completely sure that I am correct here, but I think that this occurred the way that it did because Light Tanks have movement of 6 on highway.

I'm confused why the LT didn't move 6 on its first turn to begin with, if you hit V during the replay after that turn it is obvious that it was ordered to move another hex but couldn't. I think there's an issue with how movement relates to ticks with the LT, it should just work like Fighters do.

I assume most of the problems are occurring because 100/6= 16.6666 and there are some rounding errors going on.

My best guess is that the tank was ordered to move 6 on highway on the first turn, wasn't able to do all 6 even though it was ordered to - but because it was ordered to move six it had some movement "loaded" for the next turn and moved faster than it seemed like it should.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: movement order
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:21 pm 

Hm, indeed. If you look at the recons (can move every 20 ticks) and the lt crossing their ways you see the lt making his 2nd movement onto a hex before the rec could go onto it. The recon didnt move the round before so should be able to move on tick 1 and 21. But that would mean the lt moved on tick 1 and 21 as well. So he could move on tick one in the round with the aa crossing his way as well.
So i think marking his way one more hex (as you can see with the v key) could make him move earlier (i know that a unit with 4.5 movement can move 4 in first round and 5 in the following, if you mark his way for 5 hexes in the first turn already, but not if you only mark 4 movement).

All in all: Movement is pretty complicated and will never be understood for 100% :)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]