OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Infiltrate/Airborne problem
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:05 am 

Infiltrate DOES NOT let you drop the infantry on a hex you do not have vision of.

Airborne DOES let you drop the infantry on a hex you do not have vision of.

Honestly I never felt like you should have to have vision of a hex to drop a unit there. If it is occupied the player gets a message saying that the hex is occupied and the card is cancelled. It's a risk dropping when you don't have vision because your card might not work.

I'd prefer if units could be dropped without vision, but if you guys decide that isn't what is best let us know why and also make all cards (including heroes, airlift, etc) follow the same rule :-)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Infiltrate/Airborne problem
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:49 am 

I've always felt this was good this way, I don't know about infiltrate but regarding airborne, it was a nice tactic (even for unexperienced players) to counter out strong cards like airborne ranger with a blind.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:04 am 

I guess I just feel that blinds are overpowered as they are. 5g card shouldn't be able to stop other cards from being played on top of reducing vision.

Also, if the rules were implemented where you had to have vision to play a unit then technically a blind could occur on the same turn as an airborne and as long as it triggered first it would still block the airborne.

We already get to place units in areas we don't have vision, like in the starting hexes for crossfire. Also, you can still use airlift even if you don't have vision currently.

Honestly I'd be ok with allowing the blinds to stop cards like this, but they are way too powerful for the gold cost as is. Raise the gold cost for all the blinds 15-20g and I think it would be more fair.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:10 am 
Battle Dex Team

I agree the cards need to be consistent. All similar cards should require vision. We'll post a patch adjusting airborne and expanding infiltrate to work on all recon-type units.
Whether or not that makes blinds under-priced is another discussion.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:22 pm 

Blinds are cool, it prices its not 5g, its 30! ( 40 for blind any) someone made a nice Post about card price taht should be fixed ( slot cost 25g)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]