OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Current Bugs and Issues BEFORE v2 beta
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:55 pm 

Today I went through all the bugs/issues stickies and tested everything I could. I unstickied all the other lists (or deleted) and this shall take their place. This is a comprised list of issues and bugs that are still kicking before v2. When v2 is released, hopefully a team of us can test the whole list and I'll adjust it accordingly. Also, if you know of a bug that is not listed here, please post it and I'll add it to the list!

CHAT ISSUES:

There are many, many issues with the chat system as-is. For one, the system only works for small communities like we have now. When/If we have 100+ people in Global chat, nothing will happen except constantly moving chat that no one can keep track of. Here are some issues/suggestions to fix that:

1. Chat buttons at the bottom of the screen (such as Global Chat) need to be able to be re-arranged by players. And maybe save a default set-up for each account

2. Those chat buttons also need to blink a DIFFERENT color when there's an update in the chat. Now they go from yellow to slightly darker orange. I'd say go from yellow to red or something very contrasted from yellow (blue fit's the current color scheme nicely and is way different). Keep the blinking though, i was very glad to see that

3. The chat windows themselves where people talk need to be drag-able from more than just the top. If a person drags it to the top of the screen, sometimes it's impossible to move it, so it stays there or minimized. Add a bar at the bottom or clickable area in the 2 bottom corners maybe

4. When I join global chat, my Global Chat button should REPLACE the "join global chat" button. I shouldn't ever have both

5. Some dialogs are not move-able, such as My Cards, My Decks, Edit Deck, Buy Points, etc. This is both a suggestion and an issue. We need to be able to drag Edit Deck especially, so we can see other decks and our current card stash WHILE editing a deck. Closing and re-opening is just too much of a hassle

6. When you open Manage Cards, none of the categories are selected (yellow). Once you choose a different category (or click on discount units) then one is selected. This needs to be changed so that when you open it, Discount Units is selected. It already shows Discount Units every time, just need to highlight the category on the left

7. Players should be able to set a "status" such as "in a game," "afk," "dnd," (do not disturb) etc. This should show up in the Player Finder. This means that way less people get bothered in the middle of a game and will also help the player finder and chat systems become more attuned to bigger communities

8. Allow group chats. Ex. If Schlumpfi, Heinzel, and I are doing a 3man co-op, we need some way in-game to chat between just the 3 of us even when we aren't in the co-op mission yet

9. Maybe it's just my computer (15.6" widescreen) but if the client is in Windowed mode (which I always leave it in), all my bars at the bottom are cut off.. This only seems to be an issue in the main/starting menu hub
    Attachment:
    File comment: Bottom of the screen
    screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg [ 24.45 KiB | Viewed 319 times ]

10. if you accidently closed a chat make it openable again and show what others wrote to you.

BUGS:

A. The age-old bug where shrunken card pictures (the squares that appear on deck bars and what not) are the size they should be when moused over, but when the game/menu is first opened rather than when they're moused over. Still easily fixed by mousing over them all, but still an issue nonetheless

B. THE MOST IMPORTANT thing do have by v2 release: When a person runs out of reserve time, auto-submit for them. All of us at one point or another have been royally screwed over by using every second of our time. Still count it towards the 3-turn afk auto-surrender, but also submit their current set-up.

C. If you put an infantry in a transport, airlift the transport, then unload the infantry, the infantry will not be immobilized. The transport itself will be, but not the inf

D. PLEASE let us save the option to start with the game zoomed out. I always have to zoom out at the beginning of every single battle..

E. If you highlight a person's name, exit the Player Finder, then re-open it, the last person you selected shows up as "selected player" but is not highlighted. Sending a message and viewing stats are still click-able but do nothing.
    Attachment:
    Player Finder 2.jpg
    Player Finder 2.jpg [ 9.15 KiB | Viewed 320 times ]

F. When using the card Gold Rush, rather than have red text "You receive 25 gold from Gold Rush card" in the replay after you use the card and its effect, why not show the text when the card is used? Especially since there's no second click needed, if someone accidentally clicks it or something, it'd be a heads-up. And it just makes more sense

G. Somewhere along the line, the option to start the client in windowed mode by default got removed. I miss it :(

Updated as of: 1/2/12

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Current Bugs and Issues BEFORE v2 beta
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:45 pm 

The following are still issues AFTER v2 beta. They will be added to the list. Otherwise, this thread has now served its purpose and is locked/unstickied.

Bubbles wrote:
B. THE MOST IMPORTANT thing do have by v2 release: When a person runs out of reserve time, auto-submit for them. All of us at one point or another have been royally screwed over by using every second of our time. Still count it towards the 3-turn afk auto-surrender, but also submit their current set-up.

C. If you put an infantry in a transport, airlift the transport, then unload the infantry, the infantry will not be immobilized. The transport itself will be, but not the inf

D. PLEASE let us save the option to start with the game zoomed out. I always have to zoom out at the beginning of every single battle..

F. When using the card Gold Rush, rather than have red text "You receive 25 gold from Gold Rush card" in the replay after you use the card and its effect, why not show the text when the card is used? Especially since there's no second click needed, if someone accidentally clicks it or something, it'd be a heads-up. And it just makes more sense

G. Somewhere along the line, the option to start the client in windowed mode by default got removed. I miss it :(

OfflineProfile  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]