OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: BDex v2 Beta: Issues/Bugs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:25 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Here's a bug: Co-op games don't need a minimum player amount, and have no point cost associated with them.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:54 pm 

joshd wrote:
Here's a bug: Co-op games don't need a minimum player amount, and have no point cost associated with them.

added to OP!

The list became way too big to make sense of any of it (or keep track of your place), so I organized it into categories. Hope that helps! Anything else that might make it easier to navigate please let me know :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:29 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Thanks to everyone for posting problems with the new client. We will be patching soon as these are fixed. Some notes:
You can minimize a window (shade, anyway) by double clicking on the title bar. The participants in a chat will be added to the titlebar. Also, many windows are resizable.
For an auto-submit feature, I envision a checkbox on the game ui for autosubmit that would submit say 5 seconds before the turn is processed if you haven't submitted. So as to not delay processing, this would be client-side only.
There is a bug which is causing the first card to sometimes not display when opening a pack, you have received 8 cards though. private coops are coming soon.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:45 pm 

dagnor wrote:
You can minimize a window (shade, anyway) by double clicking on the title bar. The participants in a chat will be added to the titlebar. Also, many windows are resizable.

Oh, I didn't notice this before! Well that partly solves the problem :) But there's a small need for the system like in the last version of the client (i.e. you can minimize windows and have the buttons at the bottom of the screen [or anywhere else] where they'll always be rather than having to keep up with where you leave the bar and/or having to constantly move it)
dagnor wrote:
For an auto-submit feature, I envision a checkbox on the game ui for autosubmit that would submit say 5 seconds before the turn is processed if you haven't submitted. So as to not delay processing, this would be client-side only.

Why not, since there's already a function (for the afk-surrender) that checks if players have not submitted when the timer+reserve runs out, add on to that and just run the same thing that would happen as if they hit the submit button?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:04 pm 

Hi

Co-op you can not choise the 3 hr. time. You have to play 2 min.

How can I see the otherplayers acivement. Old version you could see witch co-op they had played.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:50 pm 

The hotkeys for movement (1) and range (3) when a unit is selected are flipped. They do each other's jobs. Clicking on the tabs work correctly though

Minimizing a chatroom with a lot already said results in a crash

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:45 pm 

SUXpanD wrote:

EDIT: Noticed one more bug: The surrender option doesn't seem to work. I noticed it before in the first campaign level, and just noticed it again in the third tutorial level.

- Not sure is SUXpanD realizes that in order to surrender you need to end your turn. This seems illogical to me though, since it is hard to accidentally surrender. Surrendering should instantly end match,

Additionally:

- Tried to set up a three person private match on Triangle of War. When I started the game my client instantly crashed. The message I got was, "Battle Dex has encountered an error and will shut down. C:\Users\Primary\Appdata\Local\Temp\BattleDex.dmp"

- Being able to scroll up and down in private chat and global chat is nice. The problem is the scrolling needs to be inverted. Currently when the indicator is at the top the chat is at the bottom. Scrolling down on your mouse wheel makes the indicator go down but makes the chat go up.

- In a private game, the (new?) kick feature does not work.

- In private game chat window, cannot see the names of the players when they write information. You only see what they write.

- When in private game window, cannot use any other form of chat, which is annoying when you want to tell people to enter your game.

- There is now new information on the right hand side of the screen when you select a unit. I played a single player game and selected an buffed infantry unit. The unit name was too long and got cutoff. All I could see was "elta Force With Kevla"

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:04 pm 

dojadoug wrote:
- Tried to set up a three person private match on Triangle of War. When I started the game my client instantly crashed. The message I got was, "Battle Dex has encountered an error and will shut down. C:\Users\Primary\Appdata\Local\Temp\BattleDex.dmp"

- Being able to scroll up and down in private chat and global chat is nice. The problem is the scrolling needs to be inverted. Currently when the indicator is at the top the chat is at the bottom. Scrolling down on your mouse wheel makes the indicator go down but makes the chat go up.

- In a private game, the (new?) kick feature does not work.

- When in private game window, cannot use any other form of chat, which is annoying when you want to tell people to enter your game.

All already reported and in the OP :)

dojadoug wrote:
- In private game chat window, cannot see the names of the players when they write information. You only see what they write.

I believe this was situational. But i screenshot(ed?) it and added to the OP

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:11 pm 

Bubbles wrote:
I believe this was situational. But i screenshot(ed?) it and added to the OP

What you posted was in global chat, which is also a bug. But when I setup a private game with jojo and Thor88, none of our names could be seen when we wrote.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:15 pm 

dojadoug wrote:
What you posted was in global chat, which is also a bug. But when I setup a private game with jojo and Thor88, none of our names could be seen when we wrote.
that has also already been reported and is in the OP

OfflineProfile  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 17  Next