OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: BDex v2 Beta: Issues/Bugs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:29 pm 

Bubbles wrote:
that has also already been reported and is in the OP

Damn you guys are fast. Oh well, I guess I'll sit back and wait for a patch that makes multi-player work. :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:10 pm 

Update On Slow Mouse Movement

Yes, I know this has already been reported ("The mouse movement and text when typing is laggy") but I wanted to give some information that may help solve this problem. For starters, I never noticed this problem earlier today and now I know why.

- When I open Battle Dex and my laptop is plugged in, no laggy mouse cursor.
- When I open Battle Dex and my laptop is running on battery, very laggy mouse cursor.

I'm not an expert on why having a laptop plugged in allows it to run faster. Just wanted to give this input.

On my old laptop replays wouldn't run very fast. I posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2440&p=14243&hilit=slow+replay#p14243

Now that I have a new computer, maybe the laggy mouse issue is affecting those with slower computers or those running more background applications. I never thought Battle Dex was a memory hog but maybe I'm wrong.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:26 pm 

While searching for games I cannot go to my inventory screen to putz with my cards or go to the award screen to check out my awards. I have to sit on the multiplayer screen until I find a game.

The game needs to remember that you are searching for a multiplayer game regardless of the screen you are on.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:50 pm 

When editing a deck there is no "clear" button. Currently I have to individually click each of the cards in the deck to empty the deck before I can begin building a new one.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:29 am 

Rothmorthau wrote:
While searching for games I cannot go to my inventory screen to putz with my cards or go to the award screen to check out my awards. I have to sit on the multiplayer screen until I find a game.

The game needs to remember that you are searching for a multiplayer game regardless of the screen you are on.

Rothmorthau wrote:
When editing a deck there is no "clear" button. Currently I have to individually click each of the cards in the deck to empty the deck before I can begin building a new one.

Added to OP!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:32 pm 

Okay so now that the list got huge, I edited it further, color-coding the huge, potentially game-breaking issues (such as turn 0 being a normal turn) and the (theoretically) quick and easy fixes. Hopefully that helps the devs take care of the bigger issues quicker!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:25 pm 

- Currently, when a player leaves chat (either private message, tournament lobby, or global chat) it is not removing that person's name from the screens of any other player currently in that chat room.

Example: If Jonulix, Rothmorthau, and Myself are in global chat it will list us. If Jonulix leaves, it still shows that he is there on my screen and on Rothmorthau's screen, but not on the screen of another player if they enter global chat after he leaves. (same applies to private chat and tournament lobbies)

- We played a 3v3 game and on my screen I could only see one of the player's lights indicating when he had submitted his orders (the host's light).

- Also in 3v3, it showed each individual persons victory points but there needs to be an indicator for team victory points so we don't have to try to do math in game while frantically giving orders.

- Usually in games, the norm is for you to get to play turn X/X. For example, we played a 25 turn game. There was an indicator noting the turn (e.g. 4/25). When we were on 24/25 I assumed we would also get to play turn 25/25. Instead the game ended after turn 24/25. If we play 25 turns, then we should be able to play the 25th turn.

- Difficulty chatting in game. Its a personal pet peeve of mine to be writing text and then have some in-game event cause my cursor to leave chat, resulting in the buttons I'm pressing having some other effect. Currently, if you are trying to chat during replay, you will constantly be pulled out of the chat box. Very annoying.

- Difficulty ordering units. The recognition for ordering a unit to move to a given hexagon is a little funky. Rothmorthau and Altr both noticed this also. Clicking in a hexagon too often does not result in recognition of the order. We all play rather zoomed out.

Thanks. =)

Last edited by dojadoug on Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:54 pm 

Figured I would post some issues I noticed during the 3v3 match we had.

1) Everyone was supposed to have squares next to their name, but I only saw one. I tried to printscreen but it didn't work for some reason. So it looked like this:

[ ] Dagnor
Name
Name
Name
Name
Name

I could hear when people submitted still, but I had no clue who was (except dagnor).

2) I've been having issue ordering movement commands to units occasionally. I play all the way zoomed out, so I don't think the client is recognizing my right clicks. I try deselecting the unit and reselecting it, and that works sometimes. Still it takes too long to fiddle with so I think this needs to be looked into further.

3) I know there is a button on the menu to stop a replay of a turn, but I find myself missing the ability to hit the Esc key to do the same thing. Can you guys add that back in?

4) You can talk in team chat, but there is nothing notating that you said something in team chat vs general chat to everyone. There needs to be something like:

Rothmorthau (Team Chat): What cards do you have?

Hope this helps!

Edit: I also noticed that in the "Library" section of the menu there should be a button linking to Replays as well.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:09 pm 

OP has been updated, thanks for the extras! I also updated for the recently released Patch 430

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:46 pm 

Also, I noticed that in a private message, text longer than the space available now wraps around to the next line as it should. This fix also needs to be applied to tournament lobbys.

Additionally, surrendering in a private match now works instantly (which it should) but in the campaign, surrendering still requires that a player ends his turn.

Last edited by dojadoug on Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next