OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Several odd issues with unlocks, rewards and intro packs.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:49 am 

Hi all,

I have a few issues to report. I just started playing this game today, so if there's something stupid I'm missing here just fill me in.

The first issue I came across was with the Boot Camp tutorial mission - I completed this mission (with I believe about 15 turns), and I got no rewards afterwards. There were no signs of completion either - no trophies, no nothing. I just got returned to the menu. Even weirder was that I got no help messages whatsoever during this mission, whereas I would assume I would get some help at least. I didn't know at this time that there were supposed to be any rewards, I only found out about this later.

I then continued onwards to play "Training Mission 1", which I also completed successfully. I got the rewards I was supposed to get for this, and a trophy icon popped up next to the mission. I also got my first pack at this time, an Intro Pack. This is where my next issue lies - I can't open the pack! I bought 60 points and used them to buy two Basic Packs because I was curious and I was really enjoying the game, and those packs opened properly. The Intro Pack doesn't do anything at all when open is clicked, however.

My final issue came when I moved on to the campaign mode. I decided to leave the tutorial alone for a bit and try my hand at a campaign mission with my newly gained Basic Pack cards. After two tries I managed to win the campaign mission, and I got rewarded a new Basic Pack and the other rewards just fine. The map apparently didn't get set as beaten, though, as I can't move on to mission 2 and mission 1 has no trophy icons next to it at all. Here's the more formal report for this issue:

Game Name: I noticed the campaign issues after completing the first campaign mission (Save Colonel Flak).
Turn # bug found: I believe the first campaign mission took me 34 or 35 turns, but I am not sure.
Time of Game (include timezone): The campaign mission ended around 3PM, GMT +1. I don't know when I started it.
Description of Bug: Read above.
Steps to reproduce: Read above.

So yeah... What's going on here? I really want to continue the campaign mode now, but apparently I can't as the game thinks I have not completed the first mission yet - and I have the rewards for it already! And being able to open that Intro Pack would be nice too. ;)

Thanks in advance!

PS. I'll attach a DXDIAG log if it's needed, but I don't see the relevancy of it for now. The game itself runs fine, it's just that the mechanics behind it seem a bit messed up.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Several odd issues with unlocks, rewards and intro packs
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:50 am 

Welcome to BattleDex! You picked a great day to start playing -- yesterday was the release of a HUMONGOUS update! Which means we're all bug-testing it :) The three issues ytou had are all bugs. I will report them on in the v2 bug list sticky for you. Also, just so you know, the campaign may (or may not) be locked soon. It used to be $10, but it became free in the new version and I'm not sure if that was intentional or an accident

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:07 am 

Thanks for the quick reply and the post in the bug topic. I guess I'll just wait it out for a bit, then! :)

I'm currently focusing on tutorial missions, which seem to be working fine and are a lot of fun too. I just hope the campaign mode does not get locked again, but we'll see. Great game so far, apart from these few bugs.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:50 pm 

Yeah, training missions are a great place to start learning the game, try out many different deck strategies, and hone your skills! Also, if you need help on strategy or anything, feel free to post in our Strategy Forum :) I'm not a great player myself, but all the best players keep up with the forums and can help you with any questions or ideas you have

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]