OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Issue With Smoke and Smoke 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:48 pm 

The description for "Smoke" and "Smoke 2" indicate that you can play it next to a ground vehicle or infantry. However, there are three issues regarding both these cards.

1) The first smoke can be played a distance of two hexes from any ground vehicle or infantry. But the description gives the impression that it must be played directly next to a ground vehicle or infantry. I'm not sure if this is a mistake in effect or a mistake in description.

2) Once the first smoke is played, the next smoke location can be next to the previous smoke location even if this smoke location is even further from a ground vehicle or infantry. With "Smoke 2" you can conceivably play the fourth smoke five hexes from a ground vehicle or infantry. Again, I'm not sure if this is a mistake in the effect or description. (Note: This same issue occurs with landmines.)

3) Even though you can play smoke next to the prior smoke there appears to be some restriction to this. I tried to attach a cropped screenshot that wasn't very big but the "file is too big."

On a side note, maybe increase the size of uploadable files beyond 256 KB. Its really not that big and even a tiny SS gives me trouble. (the SS I tried to upload was about 10% of the size of a full SS from my computer. Edit: I checked and the SS is 323 KB).

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Issue With Smoke and Smoke 2
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:56 pm 

Attachment:
smoke2.png
smoke2.png [ 93.08 KiB | Viewed 781 times ]

I cut it even smaller. Notice that there are two places on the top row where the fourth smoke cannot be placed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:58 pm 

I really feel like the smoke effects need an overhaul. You shouldn't be able to see over smoke if you have high ground (you currently can). If a unit is in a hex that has smoke you shouldn't be able to see it and it shouldn't be able to see out. The smoke cards are just underwhelming now, and they could be really cool.

The 2 hex range is a new bug, it used to be you had to start adjacent. I think the way it works currently is that every canister has to be adjacent to the previous canister you place. It might be cooler and make more sense to be able to throw 4 canisters, but all 4 have to be within 2 hexes of the original unit.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:04 pm 

Rothmorthau wrote:
I think the way it works currently is that every canister has to be adjacent to the previous canister you place.

This can't be. In my SS above the first canister thrown is on the far right and the last is on the far left. Yet there are two hexes next to the last one thrown where the fourth is unable to be thrown.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:02 pm 

i mentioned this to dagnor and will let you know what he says. Since I'm bad at BattleDex I have no right to make any judgement on card mechanics/balance :)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]