I have a bunch of announcements -- read this thread.
We had a meeting Wednesday morning with the entire team and investors and there is a lot to tell.
1. The investors are spending $50,000 on advertising this game in the first week after release. BattleDex will be on every Stracraft, Magic, Board Game, Video Game site around -- blogs, youtubes, game sites, reviews, replay sites, etc. They plan to spend another $50,000 in the first month.
2. There wil be two account wipes before release. This means all of your cards will be deleted twice (sorry, but we have to do it). The first wipe will be next week in conjunction with the new big release. The second wipe will be at the end of Beta -- shortly thereafter.
3. The new release will have a totally redone UI (finally -- we are testing it now -- it is far, far superior).
4. The new relesae will also have new cooperative missions. These are missions where 2-8 players (depending on the mission) will fight computer opponents in very difficult scenarios (a few are easy, but most are very difficult -- I still have not beaten three -- bad partners
). These are very fun.
5. The new release will be structured like the game after release. You will have to pay points for packs and to enter certain tournaments and play certain games. We will provide you with a certian number of points every few days.
6. The new release will have trading and many other new features.
7. With 4 players left (at the time -- ASFA was recently eliminated -- he was the consensus favorite -- sorry ASFA, that was a cheap win by Inferno, but I loved his base rush strategy even though I don't like base rush. It was awesome. He deserved the win for coming up with it -- patch will make base rush even harder). Anyway, with 4 players left, the investors decided to increase the ladder prize to $2,000. This will mean there will be a $2,000 to $4,000 dollar winner in the game -- good for advertising.
8. The prize for the 6 person invite only tournament was determined (current invitees are Justice, Undertaker, Inferno, Witcher, and Lilyoungnasty). The prize is double the cash you have won (at miminum $200, $1,000 max for Undertaker) -- there could be a big winner, please don't let Justice win.
9. There will be a THANK YOU tournament for the Beta Testers. It will be 1 v 1 Super Sealed on Saturday Sept 11. First Prize: 200 Post Beta Points; Second Prize 150 PB Points; Semi Final Round (3rd-4th Prize if 16, 32 or 64 players) -- 100 PB Points; Quarter Final Round (5th-8th Prize) (75 PB Points); 9-16th (50 PB Points); 17th -32nd (25 PB Points). This will give everyone a VERY good chance for some Post Beta Points. We want all of the serious testers to take some points into the live game -- even if it is only a few.
10. There will be a final $500 Beta Thank You Tournament. It will be 1 v 1 Constructed. on Saturday Sept. 18. In order to win, you have to win a 1 v 1 constructed or 1 v 1 sealed tournament starting on August 25 (now). Anyone with 4 tournament wins between now and then will receive 1 bye to this tournament (any type of tournaments). Anyone with 10 tournament wins will receive 2 byes. The player with the most wins will receive 4 byes. I The top dollar earner will get 2 byes. The devs will get 3 byes (not that it matters as we have yet to win one of these tournaments). I think Battle Dex has been very generous with its cash prizes for its Beta testers (I've never seen anything like it). The trend will continue.
11. Expect a HUGE balancing patch in the next 2 days. Get your final abuse out of your airlifts.
I'm excited. I hope you are too.All Dates and Prizes Subject to Change