PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:31 pm 

Jojo v Undertaker Replay

http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=19354

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: $500 Beta Final -- Saturday -- Invite Only
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:48 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I was going to suggest that you should not sum up all the byes, but get only the biggest award. But if there will not be more byes, than there is no point :) . 6 byes is just ridiculous, ( I had byes up to finals twice )

Congrats to win.

Btw what is the status of premium plus accounts for points ( for beta players ). Will it be possible?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:05 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

He was winning the through whole game (only slighlty but still ). After turn 21 I thought how can he lose that? Only thing he had to do is protect bottom. And he sends heavy to top and creates another inf... 230 of wasted money

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:14 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Yes. Jojo should have had that game. I thought the way I pulled back my special forces around turns 22-27 was key, but you are right on his tactical mistake.

We had a lot of the bye awards to encourage people to play in beta in the weekly tournaments, since we don't have a big community right now and we didn't want more noobs (we want to save getting new players until we release). We wanted the top people playing more to break things. We won't need that once we go live. I'm not a big fan of multiple byes either.

The coop missions should finally be released this week and the single player campaign will follow shortly. They are both real fun -- espcially coop missions. That is the last major piece we are waiting for. Then maybe one more small balancing change and some polish on a lot of things and we are ready to go.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:15 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Also, on the Jojo game, some people used to complain that the game was over in 5 turns in constructed. While it is sometimes, that game shows it can easily be undecided until turn 30, even if someone has the upper hand.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:59 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

What really meessed me up in this game was this fighter who never died. I tried to take him out about 3 or 4 times. like in one turn he was in range of my aa and i moved my fighter next to him to kill it but what happend? his fighter shoot and moved away???? or next one his fighter moves shoots moves mine moves his moves shoots mine moves and again no damage to him. the heavy to the top was a mistake thats true but still that fighter killed me it just put this deep destroying feeling into me so i just felt way behind when i wasnt.
and btw justice byes he did get byes for 10 wins? i had 11 so i could have gotten 2 for 10 wins and 4 for the most wins right? Makes the same sense as his byes. and giving byes for top money leader when there are closed tournaments which are not announced but people just get invited...
and as far as i saw it justice didnt even checked in right? but he was in tourney thats a bit unfair imo.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:10 am 
Battle Dex Team

The announcement said 4 byes for most wins, 2 for anybody that got 10 or more, and 1 for anyone that got 3 or more. I did not think the 4 and 2 added. We have had things like this in the past and they never added.

Justice did check into the tournament and he was back in the tournament room several times throughout the day. If he didn't check in he wouldn't have been in it. There is no way to add him manually once the tournament has started, it can't be adjusted.

In retrospect, we should not have given him the extra byes for top money winner. We wanted to try to build loyalty for our to players in the Beta as they build a "brand." He didn't need the extra help. The other byes he earned like everyone else that had byes.

Having a bye to the finals is very helpful, but if you don't deserve to win it, you won't. Byes to the finals is not a new thing. In the last $500 1 v 1 Inferno had a bye to the finals (he's had several byes to the finals if I recall correctly). Justice had no byes. Justice won 7 games to get to the finals v Inferno and Justice won. I believe Fewar has had a bye to the finals before and also lost to Witcher(?). I think Witcher had a bye to finals and lost. Heinzel had a bye to finals of an FFA and lost. In fact, I think everyone who ever had a bye to the finals lost before this -- probably if you make it to the finals you are on your game and have a good deck, if you have a bye, you might not be as into the game. While I was the person Justice beat, I don't feel bad saying he deserved to win.

Of course if Justice had not checked in (he did), our game would have been the final and I would have been happier.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2