OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: FREE $25 Super Sealed -- This Saturday March 5.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:38 pm 
Battle Dex Team

As previously announced. Have fun. 3:00 pm CT.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: FREE $25 Super Sealed -- This Saturday March 5.
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:43 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=26934 (guess which card turned the game....)
once more a Sealed Money Tournament was won with a deck which includes "Bribery".
Someone told me that the chances to have to play against this card are low.... I didnt calculate the chance to get this card, nevertheless I know that it's already the second time I'm losing a money tournament because of this card.
You have to nerf this card.

Congratulations for the money win Thor21 and gg.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:36 pm 
Battle Dex Team

I nerfed it last week. It will be in the next real patch (premium card not a real patch).

That being said, funny thing is, Thor did not get to use the bribery in the match before or after yours. So I'm wondering how good it is if it was completely dead in 2 matches.

Also, the week before, you didn't lose to bribery. You chose to build around it (maybe the same thing).

I'm still not convinced its more powerful than LT Hero or Fighter hero or Ranger. I would prefer to have any of the 3. Thor would beat you more times than not with the deck he had (the rest was very good) plus any of those 3 cards instead of the bribery. What do you think?

Thor, your thoughts?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:34 am 

Before i also think that bribery pretty broken but now that i actually remember that i only ever manage to use it 1 times out of 4 match i think its actually not that impressive, card that dead 3/4 of times can't exactly be called overpowered
People seems to try to avoid getting mercenary because they afraid there's gonna be bribery but i actually took the chance that people have bribery too by using 2 mercenary rather than not using the advantage of it
And yeah i also prefer LTH

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:14 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I told you that everyone is going to avoid using merc units ( I couldnt do that in this match because out of 5 packs I got too much crap). I told you that this card turns everygame in which it can be used (LTH can be used in ALMOST every game but the chances that it completely turns the game are low). And I also told you that the next sealed tournament winners (not all) will have this card in their decks. It's huge advantage just to know that you always have something against a merc unit and dont need to care about them.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:01 am 

I agree, even when most of the time only few people use mercenary in tourney nowadays, just by having this card is already guaranteed no need to worry about mercenary
But increasing the cost too much would be pretty bad though
Since mercenary likely to be used on near beginning you had to save money to prepare to use it on the first 2-4 turn
but unlike the LTH which if you save money which means buying less unit at beginning you guaranteed to can use it later, this is however not the case with bribery
At some game, i even had to abandon possibility to using bribery until turn 3 because i cant afford to buy less unit
At another game when i actually save money to preparing bribery i almost lose because i have less unit

Putting those aside
Lets say that the chance that you win instantly if you actually manage to use bribery is 75% while the chance to actually use bribery is 50%(maybe lower in tourney since i do myself get 25% just then) that means about 37.5% instant winning chance averagely
Now lets say that the chance that you win instantly if you actually have LTH is 50%(maybe a little too low since LTH do can raise position from even to winning) while its pretty much 90-100% chance you can actually use it since its pretty rare to see an all air strategy at sealed, that means about 45-50% instant winning chance averagely
I think actually the chance you can win if you have LTH is actually higher than bribery
The individual winning chance is higher with bribery but overall winning chance actually lower i think
Of course that under condition few people using mercenary because afraid of bribery in tourney

Last edited by Thor21 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:49 pm 

I think nerfing bribery takes away its value until there is no longer any point in using it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:09 pm 

i think the only way to nerf bribery and still having it valid it to set it at variable costs, same as original merc and have it leave the battlefield iimmidiatly instead of having it switch sides.

personally, I am fine with bribery, but i am not that much of a merc lover myself.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:53 am 

Wow, i'm really surprised they caved. Seems squeaky wheel syndrome IS a viable strategy.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]