OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Patch 402-04-- Single Player
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:45 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Single Player is live. You must purchase it in the bundles tab to be able to play.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Patch 402-- Single Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 am 
Battle Dex Team

bump.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Patch 402-04-- Single Player
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:11 pm 

As much as i really, really like this game, it is a total drain on the money resources. I have bought the starter deck, i have a years subscription and i have also bought points to buy cards, now i am being asked to purchase the single player campaign. Im going to give it a miss, bitterly dissapointed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:26 am 

i completely agree with haggis.
i startet to play this game, because it was for free and got pretty interesting critics. after playing a while and agreeing with the critics i´ve red, i spend some money in order to buys packs and coop-maps etc. meanwhile i spend an amount of money which i would spend on a new mid-class pc-game...and in my opinion battledex is worth it.
but spending another 20$ for the singelplayer campaign is quite insulting. at least its an low budget production and therefore not worth of paying a price like for multi-million-game projects.

naive suggestion: make the prizes you can win after completing a singleplayer map "smaller" (no packs, or just very few, not so important cards) and make a significant lower purchaseprize for the singleplayer-campaign...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 am 

This game appears to be a grass roots kinda operation. I'm guessing, it's not a multi-million dollar funded project by some huge corporation. (Dev's, tell us a little about Bandera Games, I'd like to know more about your company.)

They have designed a superior strategy game. Time, money, and genius has gone into the production and maintenance of this start up. I WANT to support this game, this company. I WANT there to be huge tournaments with serious cash that will attract a lot of new youngbloods. I feel they deserve some payment for the product they offer. And it's nice because payment really is a choice. If you LOVE the game, buy stuff. If you are just simply a tourist browsing, then don't buy stuff. Your Choice.

I'm happy to pay $20 in support of this company and all the entertainment they have brought me.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:12 pm 

This game is seriously lacking people to play it and adding more aspects of gameplay with a price tag is only going to make any newcomers think twice about parting with their cash and playing it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:02 pm 

my suggestions:
1) lower the price to $10
2) give 1 mission as a free trial to let people see if they like the style
3) give more attractive prizes(like an option to choose any ultra you want for finishing all the missions)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:26 am 

I have paid so far £60 - £70 on this game ($97 - $113), just a few weeks ago i bought a years subscription £49 ( $79), that is more money than i have EVER spent on any 1 game. I just wish now, i had not subscribed, then i would have bought the single player campaign then used the rest of the money to stock up on points for the co-op missions.
What i would like to see is the campaign being part of the 6 months and year subscription package, hopefully encouraging new players to take this option and stay longer in the game, if not, the price that Victim suggested is much fairer.

Your spot on with what you say Highvibes " If you are just simply a tourist browsing, then don't buy stuff. Your Choice."

Its just that i feel a bit let down that i have spent all this money, when a new player can come along and buy the starter pack and campaign for half the money i have spent.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:55 am 

If i had to choose between a subscription vs a starter pack and single player, i would always chose the subscription. I almost forgot that with the subscription you get 65 points a month and 3 packs, this alone is WAY more than the starter pack and single player. Not to mention all the other stuff.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:47 am 
Contributor
Contributor

Congrats to the BDex team for this important milestone!

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]