OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Reason for the August premium delay
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:14 pm 

I would like to take a moment to briefly explain the reasoning behind the delay of the August premium card. I understand that I said we would be sure to have the cards up on the first every month, however in certain situations, it's more beneficial to wait (if we even have the choice not to), as was the case this month.

I've been out of town for band camp (my last one :,( ) and nearly hospitalized from dehydration when I got back on the 3rd, so I haven't been able to post until today. Dagnor had also decided to delay the card one or two days in order to lob it in with the next big updates -- game invites. However, after I tested it, we found a couple issues that needed refining. The patch will be released this week, and a follow-up patch adding a couple more features will be released shortly afterwards
As far as I'm aware, the august premium patch will also include a few minor updates to the friends system as well, however that may wait until the follow-up patch, so don't quote me on that part.

As much as we hate delaying things or upsetting the community, the game is still in a constructive beta, so we have to make the best decisions we can on a case by case basis. But luckily, unlike almost every other game out there, every post of every thread gets read by me, so you will always have your voice heard! :) So always feel free to provide us feedback, whether it be your thoughts on the updates, the way we handle things, and anything else you can think of. More voices are always welcome!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Reason for the August premium delay
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:21 pm 

Thanks for the heads up. No need for a huge post apologizing if a card is going to be late, just a quick one that lets us know you didn't forget about it is great :-)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Reason for the August premium delay
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:52 pm 

Rothmorthau wrote:
Thanks for the heads up. No need for a huge post apologizing if a card is going to be late, just a quick one that lets us know you didn't forget about it is great :-)

We never forget about BattleDex!!! :) I can't stress that enough. I check the forums on average about once an hour every day and as of the last month or two, dagnor and I are constantly talking about improvements to come via email, skype, etc. Things just come up sometimes, especially since dagnor has a full-time job unrelated to the game, and I'm starting my senior year as one of the top students, taking 4 AP classes and 2 non-AP college classes, leading 3 clubs/teams, etc. But we do as much as we can for the game and since the delay was a little longer than we had anticipated, I just wanted to let yall know. I would describe the premium card (it's been in the system for a couple weeks now), but I wouldn't be surprised if its changed some before release -- when dagnor told me about it my first reaction was "Well thats... ridiculously overpowered." However, I am very very rarely any good at this game, so I may just be too noob to understand :P
But anyways.. I'll be sure to post the details as soon as the patch goes live!

Also: everyone please check out the recently posted poll about the upcoming patch! All feedback is greatly appreciated
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3288

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]