OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: A change to the Premium Card system
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:13 pm 

Due to the amount of effort that goes into making new cards, several real-life complications going on atm, etc, we are temporarily changing the system for monthly premium cards. Players will now have an opportunity to earn previously expired Premium cards rather than newly created ones. Starting soon, we're going to be re-issuing Premium cards from the beginning of the set.

Still no word on what we plan to do to make up for the lack of a November card, but I will post that info here (and update the OP) as soon as I hear!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: A change to the Premium Card system
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:00 pm 

As a new and free player i might not have the right to say this, but...

This is bad news, its another step back. Game feels abandoned already and this is another indication of it.
Clearly u Bubbles, have nothing to do with it, and u tried hard to keep community active with free tournays and free prizes.

I truly think this game is unique. I ve played a lot of free games, and this is a great TBS balanced and free game. A game that worth gold if used correctly by the company. It doesnt seem that they believe the same though.

No updates for a long time, the community will not grow back if not released properly out of the beta, advertised and all the modes (like co-op) will be available again. Some ppl have been loyal customers with subscriptions, this is not a good way to keep the income from them.

Dont know what it takes to make this game popular again. Maybe a revamp of the WWII with modern models and cards, maybe release the game's code in the community for potential modders...
All i know is that it would be a huge waste if this game dies...

My personal thoughts, i had no intention of insulting anyone or create any trouble whatsoever.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:32 pm 

no offence taken, Tall :) We love feedback! You're right that I'm not much more than a messenger, but I do relay the community's feedback back to dagnor and nfntp (our only devs), and since we're such a small team, any time something major comes up in real life, like it has this past year, it leaves BattleDex screeching to a halt. I hope this changes next year once I enter college (Computer Science major) and learn enough to actually code some of the game so things can get moving again, but sadly that's still at the very least 6 months away :/ Hopefully once dagnor finishes moving everything will start to get back to where it was, with the friend system, custom rooms, parties, etc updates

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:27 am 

While I am disappointed that there will not be new premium cards (I honestly looked forward to it every month) I can understand why the BattleDex team has decided to reprint the old premiums. Hopefully we won't make it all the way through them again before we start seeing new cards.

A couple questions:

1) Is November the first reprint month? Or will we see one last new premium?

2) I would much rather get an Ultra pack each month than a premium card. I don't know if others feel the same way, but I think that it would fill the same role as cycling through the premiums again - you do have a chance to get the premiums in the ultra packs after all. Could you see if Dagnor would be willing to do that instead?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:57 am 

Rothmorthau wrote:
I would much rather get an Ultra pack each month than a premium card. I don't know if others feel the same way, but I think that it would fill the same role as cycling through the premiums again - you do have a chance to get the premiums in the ultra packs after all. Could you see if Dagnor would be willing to do that instead?

Forwarded this to the guys and I will see what they say. That is a good point!
I'm also still seeing if theres anything we can do to continue the new premiums. Asked them if it would be possible for me to make them or if its just too much work. As always, I'll get back to yall asap

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:46 am 

After further discussing this change, we will be giving out the first 2 premium cards released and 1 ultra pack for December, and we will discuss re-releasing the 3rd card or making a new one for January (still workin on that)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:42 am 

Everyone should have now received 1 ultra pack, Squadron Leader, and Sniper for this month's premium bonuses. if you have not, and you know that you should have by now (remember that you get them on your monthly renewal date, NOT the first of the month), let me know

Dagnor also gave us the okay to make a new card for January :D

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]