OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Think I suck? Come tell me why.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:30 pm 

So here are my the very first games i played, excluding the one where my opponent was afk the whole time. They are all played in free sealed 1v1 because my cards still suck. Please watch them and give me some constructive criticism if you have the time. No matter how trivial you think it is, please tell me so i can improve. Thank you!

Vs Snapfire
http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=12191

Vs mrcaos
http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=12548

Vs Rendrag
http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=12556

Vs Scrapiorn
http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=12592

Vs estece (my opponent didn't have the time to choose a deck, so it is not as competitive)
http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=12596

Vs Geral
http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=12612

PS. I also played one in private with denyo where he creamed me but was kind enough to review and give me some pointers so much thanks!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Think I suck? Come tell me why.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:27 am 

I made an obvious mistake by advancing my troops and expecting any of them to actually fire ... eheh.

Anyway, If I had played conservatively on that point, by putting myself at 5 hexes from your frontline, it would have gone better ... but my first strike I knew I needed few shots to take out vision, but the firing sequence killed me.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:27 am 

Geral wrote:
I made an obvious mistake by advancing my troops and expecting any of them to actually fire ... eheh.

Anyway, If I had played conservatively on that point, by putting myself at 5 hexes from your frontline, it would have gone better ... but my first strike I knew I needed few shots to take out vision, but the firing sequence killed me.

Are you complaining again? Please tell me you're not complaining on a new player stomping you.
Also @victim i watched the game vs geral only and i think you did very well. i suck myself in sealed pretty much and i think someone else should help you with the other matches.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:52 am 

Jesus, a man can't seem to talk about what happened and already you come and talk that shit. This new generation of kids has some kind of problem.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:29 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

He isn't talking shit. You shouldn't always blame the game-mechanics. Begin searching the faults in your own decisions.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:40 pm 

Ah ... I wasnt blaming the game mechanics and I was actually saying my actions were sub-optimal...

"I made an obvious mistake ..."

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:09 pm 

Geral wrote:
Ah ... I wasnt blaming the game mechanics and I was actually saying my actions were sub-optimal...

"I made an obvious mistake ..."

The problem here is that a new player is asking for help and tips, and instead of helping him you have turned it into a thread about yourself. That is also a common complaint about the "new generation" -- that they are very self centered.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:21 pm 

I wasnt turning the post into something about myself, I said I commited a mistake in that game with him. The rest came because of Schlumpfi's answer.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:09 pm 

The first thing i noticed in your game with Snapfire was moving in your recon. You send him with your buffed heavy and your merc light. You can see that he was targeted by the art because he has the lowest HP. You want to avoid this, especially if it has binoculars, since vision is one of this games most important aspects. You should have kept him back, maybe on the high ground. This way your merc light would have taken all th hits ( since there hadnt been any priority targets set) and you would only lose 40 gold that would dissapear anyway. Another mistake i think is not sending an infatry to the middle right from the start. You sen all your forces there in order to take it and secure it, so an infantry would be pretty safe. ANother thing is your fighter. You sent in a buffed fighter that is a pretty big threat in and took out his heli, and then you moved him in to the highground. By then, you HAVE to assume that your enemy has gotten or is getting an AA to counter it, especially when his recon and art were alone. But you moved him in anyway, almost all the way to his base, where he got torn up by the AA. He could have been a great support to keeping one of the sides under control. You had ur recon with vision attacking the inf, which was really effective, but yo knew his art and recon were comin! The recon wasnt even necesary, he had the inf and the cp to gve some vision. You knew an art was on the way, so you should have pulled the recon back. Your fighter had escaped and he could have finished the inf off. But still, you did a good job on winning!

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]