OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: ice9 and denyo - worst team players?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:54 pm 

I apologize to my various teammates for my poor team play. It seems I have trouble concentrating during team games, and I play even worse when someone is barking orders on what to do. It's like I waste time debating what I want to do vs. what my partner is telling me to do, then I don't pay attention to half of what is gong on in the game.

As you can see, I now have a 1-8 random team record in tournaments. I thought I might be last place, but it looks like denyo is 0-4 :).

How do you approach team games? How come I am 1-8 in teams when I can win over half of my 1v1's, even some against good players? How come Inferno is 13-2 in team games? Ghry is 10-3. And BUBBLES is 6-0? What is the key here?

Attachment:
teamgames.jpg
teamgames.jpg [ 25.93 KiB | Viewed 1441 times ]

Last edited by ice9 on Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: ice9 and denyo - worst team players?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:55 pm 

lol ice9 :D
no seriozusly that today was your fault. you need to communicate more. we could have done this if you would just have ANSWERED and told me what you were doing. also you had some bad luck on your side and u didnt move ur lt one turn in the beginning which broke your neck (his biggest advantage is his movement).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:42 pm 

And now Inferno is 15-2 in teams. That is a ridiculous record for having random teammates of varying skill.

Yes, today was all my fault. Maybe I should use Skype, it is hard for me to manage different parts of a big map + type + listen to you talk too much :).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:43 pm 

ice9 wrote:
And now Inferno is 15-2 in teams. That is a ridiculous record for having random teammates of varying skill.

Yes, today was all my fault. Maybe I should use Skype, it is hard for me to manage different parts of a big map + type + listen to you talk too much :).

WELL I ASKED FOR SKYPE SEVERAL TIMES BRO!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:47 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Not sure why some people are better at teams than others. Its interesting. Inferno is best team player but he is not even top 10 in sealed.

I think people who are better at the broad strategy do better in teams, whereas people who are better at strategically moving their pieces to win battles do better at 1v1.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:34 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

and sometimes both teammates just get bad cards. or you get a new player... nevertheless inferno seems to be a good teamplayer, whereas ice9 need to play more team games^^

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:29 pm 

Oh ice, the one game you won was against me :D In that game Mythos killed everthing on the map. That had to be my fault. We both started with the same tactic, but it worked better for him, cause of the right buff and debuff and a bad movement from my heli.
In 2 other games i got a completely new player against Witcher/Orion and Inferno/Hezzu, so no chance.
The fourth game i lost was the fault of both players. Effit forgot to get his inf in range in the end, i wasted my inf hero in the middle of the game (with a better communication we could have gotten the middle with it easily and would have won).
But i won a team game :) Me and jojo bet Schlumpfi/Fewar in a match. It's one of the first after beta replays. I think it was a private game, so it doesn't count for the rating.
But i think i have to improve my team gaming. Next time i have to beat ice to leave the last place in the rating :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:57 pm 

ice9 wrote:
And BUBBLES is 6-0?

Whatcha tryin to say ice? ;)

Nah, it all depends on the players, like FFA, imo. But half of my victories were with Witcher. One was me and Schlumpfi against Witcher and inferno :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:31 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Bubbles won one tournament and he had great cards and played with witcher every game but the last. Lets see how will play in other games.

Inferno is my favourite teammate, I dont remember losing when playing with him :) . Its all about communication and I have no problems with that when playing with him. Ice9 just doesnt read everything and Mythos for example doesnt read anything :) .

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:32 pm 

Update. Still can't get a win huh denyo? :lol: :lol:

My record has only gotten worse also. :oops:

Attachment:
teamupdate.jpg
teamupdate.jpg [ 29.7 KiB | Viewed 1371 times ]

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next