OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: How do i fix my decks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:18 pm 

please keep in mind, all my cards are probably commom or uncmmon, and i dont intend to be using real money for anything anytime soon. I am asking for ideas on how to fix my decks, what is bad about them, what is good about them, what works + what doesnt, etc

Here's the first one (im posting the decks in multiple attachments since it wont allow big files per post

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 245.13 KiB | Viewed 1371 times ]
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 254.22 KiB | Viewed 1371 times ]

OF PAIN!
 OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: How do i fix my decks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:49 pm 

doominator10 wrote:
please keep in mind, all my cards are probably commom or uncmmon, and i dont intend to be using real money for anything anytime soon. I am asking for ideas on how to fix my decks, what is bad about them, what is good about them, what works + what doesnt, etc

Here's the first one (im posting the decks in multiple attachments since it wont allow big files per post

While the 2nd one already got answered in viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2372

The first one still having that major problem with using too many movement cards
The "reactive armor" is also wasted on mercenary, try using the "volatile reactive armor", cheaper and better for the mercenary that also temporary
You might want to use "high octane" if you bring that mercenary heavy with armor
Also since you use 2 artillery it's a good idea to bring some vision card like "binoculars"

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:03 pm 

here is the other 2 (bad grammar ftw)

lemme know what u think.

and with this, i have practically shown every card i have (im doing sealed so dont get any funny ideas)
i also have an enlist artillery, a whole BUNCH of buffed units (no heros v_v), and a couple of others. (minor arty, LLD, 3 medics, if u wanna c em lemme know, etc)

Attachments:
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 49.11 KiB | Viewed 1364 times ]
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg [ 49.76 KiB | Viewed 1364 times ]

OF PAIN!
 OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:05 pm 

Quote:
While the 2nd one already got answered in http://www.battledexgame.com/forums/vie ... f=1&t=2372

The first one still having that major problem with using too many movement cards
The "reactive armor" is also wasted on mercenary, try using the "volatile reactive armor", cheaper and better for the mercenary that also temporary
You might want to use "high octane" if you bring that mercenary heavy with armor
Also since you use 2 artillery it's a good idea to bring some vision card like "binoculars"

the thing that i found with vision buffs is that vision debuffs by far overpower them. so putting vision on an advance unit (recon, plane, light tank, etc) leaves it suseptible to a vision debuff,... then poof. bye bye vision for arty.

also, i dont have volatile reactive armor.... -__- truth be told i dont usually use my firepower or armor buffs too often, as i found movement cards to cap cp and oil much more useful in the long run.

OF PAIN!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:25 pm 

I think you should bring your Airlift 3. There is much speed for your infantry there, but your Merc Heavy and two artilleries will be too slow to be able to defend them :)

Also maybe replace the Pacifies in the Tactical deck and bring enlist/discount units instead. You would be spending 80g on disabling attacks for 1 turn when it would probably be better to just use your No Fly Zone, then bring in a discount AA unit for 65g to kill the Air unit.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:30 pm 

the only discount units i posses are enlist 2 artillery, and enlist 1 artilerry... and a plethera of mercs. (if they count as discount)
from the other post: Thor's post...
Quote:
recommend you to took out some movement
1 is very good on almost any map
2 is very good on some map
3 is only kinda good on crossfire
i really like to cap at least 2 oils and head for a cp within the first 2-3 turns. the speed buffs work better on maps that dont have a lot ot nearby resources
i also recommend you to:
-took out the "eject" and use some enlist or buffed unit instead, eject is good but on constructed there's many more better card than that
-took out the debuff "blind air" and just bring the temp one, those works more wonder in my opinion, i recommend using "blind any" instead, more versatile for any situation
-took out the air movement "aviation octane" unless you had some card to combo with it, combining it with mercenary feels kinda wasted in my opinion
-include some vision card, it will be pretty fatal i think
-for the all mercenary strategy to works better you might need "i need reinforcement"
i actually built this deck for cheese against the computer in training ^_^. In a 1v1 match, if i use this deck, i usually modify it before hand
Judging from your deck composition i take it the main strategy is mercenary rush right?
The main vulnerability of that strategy is that it practically not good for a big map since by the time your mercenary already come, it's time is already near the end
The other vulnerability is that if you does not bring any permanent unit along with the mercenary, then it will be "then there were none" all over again, at the beginning it's crowded but by the time 5 turns out, both you and your enemy units all gone

actually, i only choose these decks on small maps. There was one map (forgot name) where a fighter could reach the other base in 3 turns going over 2 tiers of elveation with a resource and cp smack dab in the centre. For bigger maps, i go with the slow push or tactical nuisance decks (modified in game)

OF PAIN!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:17 pm 

The thing about rushing for resources and CP is that while you get the head start, you virtually have no means to defends it against enemy that come to took it, so if you like that strategy i recommended you bring airlift 3 to transport your mercenaries immediately

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:54 pm 

hmm.. touche.

although, i still think my mercs are best used on small maps, where bumrushes are more probable
thx for your input

OF PAIN!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:06 pm 

in the spirit of trying to revive the strategy forum, i am posting another deck, upgraded w/ cards i have received from the training and co-op missions

so what do you think about this deck?

(thx to muppit, and other various ppl whos names escape me for the co-op
and the guys on youtube for the training videos (mission 8 was a doozy)

Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 145.98 KiB | Viewed 1299 times ]

OF PAIN!
 OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]