Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Enlist 7 Infantry
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:12 am 

For those of you who don't think you can pull off a strategy with this card:

http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=26723

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Enlist 7 Infantry
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:52 am 

lol your oponent has play it very stupid :) with his recon hero it is easy to kill your two sniper when he play him right with his art combo

iam not caitiff , or is it caitliff to stand 500 metre away from the oponent and shot with a sniper from behind

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:06 am 

Even if he had killed off my snipers it wouldn't have mattered. I killed off his infantry and had control of a majority of res points and had both cps.

The benefit of having TONS of infantry like that is that you can capture tons of stuff very quickly and you can kill off your opponents infantry so that he cannot cap.

At the end, and even throughout the whole game Random had a better "Army" than mine, but an "Army" is not what the strategy works around. It works like a blitz, you take him out before he has a chance to respond.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:35 pm 

yes but his army can win easy it when he send him noit to middel fisst so he can capute one side too withz one ranged art and the recon hero so he can send a new inf and you can not stop him on this side because you has not strong unit and with his good deff line with arts and recon hero it is not hart to get the other side too and deff the middel

iam not caitiff , or is it caitliff to stand 500 metre away from the oponent and shot with a sniper from behind

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 6:46 pm 

It's all about time. Yes he has a much better army and he probably could try to control one side and even succeed at it. But he will have to deal with my early Control Point lead, which means I can just use the money I get from the 3 or 4 turns that it takes him to even the res count back up to fortify one of the control points and hold for win.

This strategy isn't an instant win by any means. It can be countered by a heavy recon or air force. This strategy does work well against the "standard" army of Art, Recon, AA because that is normally very slow moving and cannot attack as many positions at once.

So to make it a little clearer:
1) Capture almost every resource and control point on the map with tons of infantry.
2) Kill off his infantry to buy you time - turns = tons of money for you that you NEED to build up an army.
3) Your opponent will inevitably make a push in one direction, fortify the other with your income.
4) Use your early control point lead to force your opponent to attack your fortified position.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:09 pm 

I don't think anyone can say this strategy can never work, but this is by far the best map for it because It's small and is the only map where you can actually send each infantry to a different resource (5 res 2 CPs), and you also played against a rather weak player who invested heavily into not attack buffed arties (terrible at killing infs).

Imagine using this on Island Paradise, Frosbite, Desert Duel or CrossFire, It would never work because you can't get resources fast enough to make up for the firepower loss of mass infantry.

It's a one map strategy (even if It's pretty strong there).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:02 pm 

the strategy of spending minimal gold to cap lots of res fast is one i use a lot, but then with infantry in high octane buffed transports (movement 10 if there are no roads at all, up to 12 or 13 with roads).

the trouble with 340 gold for a card is that it takes you at least 2 turns to have the gold to respond thou.

there are a few maps where 7 infantry can be usefull, but i am often struggeling to use all 4 from an enlist 4 allready (which is at almost the same price per infantry as well).

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]