OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Seeking help - how to break into a defended position
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:00 am 

I've been having a lot of trouble when I have a resource advantage but I still need to break into a defended position to regain cp advantage.

I know a lot of you would say "You shouldn't have gotten yourself in that position to begin with" but that's not always possible.

Here is a game between Geral and I that I got very frustrated and quit because I couldn't break his line. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=26969

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Seeking help - how to break into a defended position
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:12 am 

That map actually pretty specifically design so that its hard to penetrate once the def is set up
But sometimes you can still breakthrough though, use the arty fighter combo
So buy some arty and send it a little ahead first, once the arty on reach of the defended arty behind tree send fighter on top of tree for sight
Another great trick is to not trying to get opponent cp once he got a lead but instead attack him other resource
Before even if you get mid its still 3 vs 4 resource, not really much considering enemies have position advantage
But since enemies usually think you will try to get cp the resource part usually thinner and easier to penetrate
With 2 vs 5 resource it's fairly easy to break though or just going for base directly

But the thing is, no matter you want to get the cp or resource you only have one tries, if you failed to get it in one go you pretty much already lose

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:08 am 

I have a 64% win rate on that map after I understood that you can't play on it like most other maps.

They key to that map is to get at least 1 CP advantage and then dig in with a ton of artys/AA and a few recons for vision. If you can do that and also capture the central res, then it doesn't matter who the enemy is, what card he has or what he tries to do, the game is lost. If he has the center res, It's gonna be pretty hard but possible.

I guess you could include 2 artillery strike cards in your deck to try and break the defense, but wouldn't it be better to make a deck that helps you not to get in that situation in the first time?

As a reference, here is a little weird game of mine against Valkyre in that map where he manages to cap his CP one turn faster, get the center res first but his troops get so streched out that I manage to recover the center res, put an inf on his CP one turn and even capture the res on his side for a couple of turns:

http://www.battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=25871

Being equal in CPs, the game is decided by the player who collects the most money, so the remaining of the game consist of us trading back and forward the center res, even suiciding many units to allow the infantrys to reach their target, just because the way the map is made makes it so hard to overwhelm the enemy that you can defend with few troops.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:57 pm 

in constructed i had a deck made to break a stalemate there, consisting of 3 minor arts and we need reinf to send 3 helies on the trees in one turn movement. just make sure you have enough cash in reserve to use the vision you get then.

but in sealed, its either, block opponents cp asap (we need reinf, high octane high avaiton speed boost needed, or make sure you get your cp asap.

having a one vp advantage is huge on that map.

other things to keep in mind, sneaky art in the side res have a good range and are hidden, same for one or 2 above your cp, behing the trees.

but this map is decided by a few things indeed, camo inf/ binoced recons, extended range arts and speed to block opponents cp.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]