OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Geral sweep
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:48 pm 

Brought to you by:

3 mercs and tech inf:
http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=27890

Enlist 2 light tank, merc light tank, 2 enlist recon, and we need reinf was the icing on the cake:
http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=27941

Arti hero, 2 mercs, tech inf, immo air:
http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=27985

Now, you might wonder why I post this. While it wouldn't seem like it, I respect you a lot as a player Geral, as you punish my mistakes like no other (Thor is good at that too) and by looking at these replays I learnt a lot of things. Only downside is, once you lost some units, you start to rant a lot about the game and luck. It would be fine if it was from time to time, but sadly, it's every game...

I agree, tough, these cards I got in the three games were just too good. But once upon a time you were the 1st ranked sealed player, is that because you were the luckiest? One thing you said on one game excelled tough: "I don't have luck vs you today" did you imply you only win by luck on sealed?

While it's very tempting to say so, I don't think that's the case. I mean, just look at Justice. Right now, he has 10 to 1 win rate. I don't think every game he got 3+ enlists and debuffs while his opponent didn't. No, it has to be something deeper than that.

If anyone disagrees then let's settle once and for all sealed is a luck format... if not, then keep trying to improve as I'm doing and don't you dare blame it on the luck.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Geral sweep
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:08 pm 

Geral, why won't you play Constructed ever? I'm sure you must have won tons of cards and packs, enough to use or trade to make a competitive deck.

Maybe you just really enjoy the DRAMA of sealed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:20 pm 

HighVibes, I don't have enough cards for constructed - not anymore, with so many people playing full decks.

UM; sealed is not just luck, but there are streaks where one just can't compensate. Because of our games, though, I am thinking of a very large overhaul to my strategies, to handle luck a bit better ... in the 6-7 losses I had today, there was a similar pattern that can be dealt with to an extent. I will try on the following games a new way of dealing with the kind of problems I had.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:28 pm 

I just noticed something else that was impressive about those games, and fits right into the "streak".

I mean, you had light tank hero in 2 of them, and art hero on the third. Also you had cards that fit devilshly into mine - like the air vs no air debuff.

It's a streak, like I said.

Anyway, I'll try to rant less - it's just that the rating loss is huge, and to get it back takes ages.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]