OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Portal 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:15 pm 

Portal 2 will be out in a couple of weeks, im definately buying it. Anybody else love playing with Portals :D . The new coop gametype is what i am looking forward to most, and with Hammer, Valves map making tool, there will be 100s of community made Portal maps to keep us entertained long after we have played through the ones in the game.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Portal 2
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:38 pm 

I haven't looked into portal 2 much, but the first one was mind-blowing :) And if I've learned ANYTHING from StarCraft, it's that Player-made Content for most games guarantees cheap guys like myself never regret spending the money

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:00 pm 

Here is the link to the coop trailer, looks awsome.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A88YiZdXugA

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:46 pm 

one thing that I absolutely love about Portal is that it shows what I've come to strongly believe in: the key to a good game is being unique. Hell, look at the idea for Mario (the best game series of all time ever)

2 italian plumbers going up/down giant pipes, saving a princess from a giant mutant turtle, eating mushrooms to grow, throwing fireballs from their hands, jumping on wierd brown blobs and throwing turtle shells

A game can get by with ONLY being good in one area (Kingdom Hearts has an AMAZING storyline, but mediocre gameplay, but its still a great series, Mario has NO storyline whatsoever and less than impressive graphics, Portal is simply mechanics)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:58 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

I am probably buying it, but I am not looking to player made content. What made first one great was unique idea, great story and lots and lots of work on levels to make them fun and just the right dificulty.

In player made content you will lose at least this story and I will probably pass on just figuring out another puzzles without anything else to it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 4:58 am 

a lot of friends of mine talked very good about portal 1 and it was given away for free on steam so i picked it up and i must say: my mind was blown. the puzzles are great, the story is fcking amazing and about the general idea of creating portals i dont have to talk :)
what disturbs me with the 2nd part is the 50€ prize. i mean yeah, all new games are that expensive, but you get a free copy of the pc version if u get it for ps3 which is like 50$ in the us.
i also want to play the story in coop so im not picking it up unless someone else i know gets it to play it with :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:03 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

50E is too much, where do you see this prize? Thats more that whole orange box costed ( hl2-ep2, portal and team fortress 2 ).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:36 pm 

for portal 2, 1 i got for free

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:12 pm 

Schlumpfi wrote:
what disturbs me with the 2nd part is the 50€ prize. i mean yeah, all new games are that expensive, but you get a free copy of the pc version if u get it for ps3 which is like 50$ in the us.

You can download it from Steam for £30, unless it is dearer if you are buying it with Euros and Dollars. Are we talking about the pc version or games console version, im downloading it for my pc, maybe its dearer for the games consoles.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:16 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Schlumpfi wrote:
for portal 2, 1 i got for free

i know that :) . I was just comparing it to previous Valve game/package. 50E for around 12 hours game ( here i am just guessing ) without multiplayer is too much.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next