OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Camp "Pain", Mission 14 Final Defense
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:47 am 

Can anyone actually claim they have beaten this mission after it had been corrected so that you lose if a hero dies?

This is an extraordinarily hard mission, especially with the random units that come from the East and South.

I'm enjoying trying to win it, and I don't want any hints from anyone, but i have the feeling i have a very very long way to go before beating this monster of a mission.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Camp "Pain", Mission 14 Final Defense
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 am 

i think it has always been like that, you lose if a hero dies(at least thats how it was when i beat it)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:55 am 

I think i didn't lose any hero. It is not that hard to do so. I even got it with an extra turn as i forgot to build an inf for the middle :D

The change was made in mission 15. There you could lose your heroes without loosing the mission. That is corrected now...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:22 am 

Ok, I'm very impressed you guys were able to beat it. I'm really struggling here. The farthest i have made it is to round 19 before losing a hero. At first I tried a few super buffed units mixed with snipers. Then I went for enlists, and tried to win with tons of units. The best I do is when i play with 8 healing type cards.

I have the North figured out, can stop all of their advancement with 2 fighters, and 1 buffed fighter with major air overhaul. Then i buy a mix of arts and aa to cover the rest. West side i ignore at first since it takes them a while to be in range. South side, the recon wave is no problem, but then the random units that come are tough. I like it when 2 Heavies come, i'm able to stop them with ease with the heli hero. The east side is the curve ball, with all the heavies and air that comes at you. So it's kinda a mix of the units from east, west and south that get me. Then on turn 14, i lose 2 res and 2 cps to deltas. i never have the resources to be able to afford to send recons out there. most of my resources are eaten up on resupply the troops, and other heals.

I'm using adreniline boost, light transport, sniper (for vision on the SE mountain where it can see the random units that come), major air overhaul, air tech, 3 resupplies, 3 major repairs, and 1 full repair (for the heavy hero). This seems like the best mix of speed, vision, range, and heals. What did you all use? Can you recommend a better way?

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:50 am 

my deck was lots of enlist and minor heals (1 resup, 3 minor repair), no speed, no vision, i think i took minor art and llod. lost one cp and res, but there's a way to defend 2 cps ;)

And to the random units: i got heavies in every try, so didn't even know they are random

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:18 pm 

Wow, I finally beat this mission. Super Difficult, boardline Insane, at least the way I did it. I ignored the right CP the whole game, and didn't get the cp in the base until turn 7. When the left cp was taken, all my units went over there to go take it back. The essential cards for me, were 1 sniper, 1 air tech, 1 adren boost and 3 ballistics. The rest were various heals. No enlists, no debuffs, no specials, no damage/armor (air tech is a super buff).

Must have been 30 tries to finally get this one. And the first random south wave was a fighter hero and heli hero, which almost wiped out my heli hero at the get go.

Still can't believe I finally beat this one. No more nightmares of this mission, Thank God!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:30 pm 

I got all 3 cps in the beginning. Maybe it would have been easier if you defended the right and base cp from a good position :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:01 am 

I finally beat this today, this is probably the toughest mission I've ever beaten. Altr helped me a bit with my strat, but I figured I'd post what I did here since a lot of people have been stuck on this one.

Heres the deck I used:
Air Tech
Squad Leader
Major Air Overhaul
Sniper
Medic
Ballistics x3
Tech Artillery x3
Minor Repair

As far as strategy I buffed the hell out of the normal fighter they give you at the beginning and he pretty much took care of the north all by his lonesome.

I took the right res with the right delta and then pulled him all the way back to my base (you'll need him later, dont lose him)

I took the left cp with the left delta and then had him take the left res (I took a 3 turn route to be safe)

I made an infantry first turn and took the cp at my base, then moved him left to the high ground and turned him into a sniper.

My three Tech Artillerys with Ballistics sat in the nook by the left high ground with the Arty Hero being one hex right of them, so a diamond of artys.

Keep your recon hero near your base, right on or near your cp. He is the most likely hero to die so keep him tucked away.

I put my Heli Hero in the nook at the south of my base until a couple turns before the left opponent tries to retake the left cp - position him at the base of the 2nd left high ground so that he is 4 hexes away from your cp. It can kill a delta on its own, you dont need to bring anything else but that. I had to kill 2 deltas back to back this way. Then pull him back and keep him near your HQ.

After this you can let the opponents take back the cp the next time they send deltas, you will have enough of a lead to win by turtle-ing. Almost ALL of your money should be spent on AAs with the exception of the last few turns which you should just spam out as many recons as you can so a stray shot doesnt kill a hero.

In my game when I won they wound up killing my sniper so I replaced him with a fighter for vision but kept him on the high ground right next to my artys.

So thats it. Ignore the right side except for res at beginning and then turtle up. Hope this helps anyone trying to do this :-)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:21 am 
Battle Dex Team

It is a tough one.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:23 pm 

Wow. If it took Roth THAT long to beat it, I'd hate to see how long it would take someone like me lol

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]