OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Welcome JoshD
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:35 pm 

Hello all, I'd like to welcome JoshD to the community. Many of you have already met him through some of the community posts and you may have even played a game with him.

Josh is going to be helping the Battle Dex team organize tournaments, announce releases, and generally support our moderators and community in breathing life into the game.

I suppose this would be a good time for an update...

BattleDex v2 has silently been in the works since December of last year. The main effort of the redo was to improve the overall user experience which we believed to be a major turn-off to new players. This is understandable considering the quality of user-experience in most games today.

Besides a complete UI revamp, we did add some new functionality, including the ability to see your attack range, vision, and movement for any given unit using hotkeys. We'll be releasing a beta for everyone to get there hands on within the next few weeks. Until then, feel free to post questions here or to ask Josh for updates.

Thank you to all of those who have stuck with us through these quiet months. We can't tell you how much we appreciate you sticking with Battle Dex and waiting for something new.

The time for v2 is almost here! :D

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Welcome JoshD
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:11 pm 

I'm excited to see the new version! I'll gladly help out with any beta testing if you guys need that stuff done.

And welcome JoshD, glad to have you as part of the community :-)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:34 pm 

Welcome Josh,

Finally some good news, these are hard times to find players, the facebook is really helping gettting some good games, my only worry is "weeks" can be 3 or can also be 30 ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:10 am 
Battle Dex Team

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I've already been having tons of fun with still-active players. Given the impending update (which looks so good), I'm getting ready to usher in all of our dormant players as well as a whole slew of newbies. And I'm relying on you veteran Battle Dex-ers to help me guide the new breed, as well as stress/bug test every inch of the new build.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:38 am 

Hey and welcome from me, too!
I hope BDex gets a revival and the attention it deserves :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:40 am 

sweet! Can't wait to see what you guys've been up to :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:19 am 

I've been lurking here for so long :lol:.

Anyway, really glad to see some signs of life coming from this game, as soon as a new version is released I'm ready to start promoting the game in a few forums I'm part of.

I even played my first game in a long time yesterday against some poor newbie.

I also think that most veterans should make second accounts and play in some gimped way (no cards for first five turns, not making X unit, making less units than you need) just so that the newbies have more people to play against without getting detroyed.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:41 pm 

Welcome Josh.
Glad to hear some good news. i was in the beta of the first version and like to see the beta of the BDv2 :). "Sadly" i got a good job, so i don't have as much time as in the last beta phase, when i was doing my last months on university. But i like to try out things and help as my time allows it.

Btw: Still need one coop (31 i think) to finish my set. If anyone wants to play, feel free to send me a msg. Sadly my account is one of the "ghosts" ingame, so you cant message me there. But i'm in the global chat, when i'm on and in the facebook group.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:59 pm 

Hi Denyo! Good to see you again.

I just got your name removed from the Ghost list. : )

Look forward to seeing you in game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:21 am 

Finally, I've been keeping an eye on the forums for so long waiting to hear some information about V2. I helped in the original beta and would like to help test out the new version. I just hope to see that long awaited ad campaign to bring some players to the game.

Oh yeah, welcome to the team Josh.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next