OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta (Get a Key)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:07 pm 
Battle Dex Team

So if you ever played any Tribes games (especially Tribes 2), you'll know that they rule - everything. Well, Tribes Ascend is Hi-Rez studios' new take on the free2play style of gaming. I have to say, it's pretty fun.

There are some sites (actually, Penny-Arcade is the only one I'm sure of) giving away beta codes, or you can purchase the game for closed beta access.

Or you can be the first three to post here. That's right - closed beta codes go out to the first three people to post on this thread. The best part is that the stats you earn here will carry on into the released game!

Here are some screenshots to make your mouths water:
http://www.f2p.com/content/2358-Take-a- ... creenshots

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Tribes Ascend Closed Beta (Get a Key)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:25 am 

Those are some nice screenshots ^^ I have too many games I'm already playing to give it a try, but it looks nice!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:51 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Bubbles wrote:
Those are some nice screenshots ^^ I have too many games I'm already playing to give it a try, but it looks nice!

That's fair! You know I bought the pre-order for beta access (completely on impulse), and I was given three keys to give away. Turns out, all of my friends bought it, too. So, I figured someone here might want to try it out.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:18 pm 

Im sure some will enjoy it! Im currently playing Super Mario 3D Land, Final Fantasy XIII, Gears of War 3, Starcraft 2, The Legend of Zelda, and Dead Space 2. I also have a list of 10-15 games on 360 to play, anddd a list of 60-70 (not exaggerating) Nintendo and Final Fantasy games I wanna get through >.<

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:09 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Wow that list will definitely take some time.

I found some homes for the current beta codes, but it seems like they keep replenishing my supply. Posting here or even a PM will get you one. ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:26 pm 

I'm actually more excited to watch this as an esport - the North American Star League has announced that this game will be showcased competitively on streams and at their LAN events for the NASL3 next year.

It will be cool to see a "fast" fps in the scene for a change. (Currently most of the competitive esport FPS are slower like Halo or Call of Duty... there hasn't been a popular fast fps since quake/counterstrike)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ]