OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: BDex v2 Beta: Known issues
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:46 pm 

The list of bugs on this page hadnt been updated since I started working for Bandera instead of just being a helpful kid out there. The reason behind that is because we use a website that's meant for companies to log bugs/lacking features into and keep track of all in one nifty place, so once I started working for them, they asked me to use the website instead. However a LOT of things in-game have changed since then and I realize this thread needed updating very badly. So this is the list, perfectly in sync with the website we use, as of 6/6/12.
I log them all in, and when a bug is reported, it has 2 things that change depending on what it is: the priority, and the type. Bugs are things that actually effect gameplay and/or the client. Features are things that aren't as serious and are additions that need to be made rather than fixes. I'm going to organize this by priority rather than by category like it was before because A) that's a LOT easier for me and B) I think it'll be just as easy when trying to look up a bug before reporting
Hope this helps!

Bugs:
Priority: Low
-F12 doesn't work when in windowed mode
-Splash page takes longer to load the game when starting in windowed mode
-Some buff icons aren't centered or get cut off except for the very top of them when on row 2'
-When using a deck other than the first slot, quitting that game, then coming back to another game, the deck shown is the first slot but the name shown is the previously used deck's name
-Stat modifications sometimes show % after them
-The menu dropdown (at the top of the page) doesn't overlay text
-After using Gold Rush, all your other cards are grayed out until the mouse is moved
-Can kick yourself in a private game lobby

Priority: Normal
-Training mission ratings dont update until client restart
-There are currently 2 versions of Lagoon -- one shown on the website, the other used in-game
-Replays aren't being saved as the proper type
-Long Range doesn't show the immobilization icon
-On Long Range (and I'm assuming all immobilization effects) the movement is deleted rather than set to 0
-"Losses" post-game stat sometimes odd
-Veteran and Legendary upgrades don't show up in replays
-After being eliminated from a tournament, the Play Your Game button doesn't turn dormant
-The first screen when logging in doesn't update until you switch to another section of the menu then go back
-Campaign 8: No McCracken
-Campaign 9: There's a way to duplicate the Heli Hero
-Campaign 10: Recon Hero doesn't have binoculars
-Training 8: No marker on the "marked infantry"
-Heli Hero HP is 175/160
-Card Preview positioning is sporadic on some menus after scrolling
-Category buttons don't deselect after you leave the page -- leaving and coming back results in Constructed and the one you were on to both be highlighted
-Minimizing a Chat Room that has a LOT of text in it can cause a crash
-Sniper movement modifier in the stats window is moved too far to the left
-Some unit names are too big for the stats window
-Surrender doesn't work in single-player games
-You won't always get the Not Enough Gold error message
-Land Mines are selectable
-Gold Rush in-game warning is too late
-The Menu button at the bottom left doesn't work while in a private game lobby or tournament lobby
-None of the menu buttons (such as Options) work while making/joining a private game (once in the lobby, see the above)
-When searching for a game, the game type buttons dont become dormant/unusable
-The client window needs to not allow computers to resize it below 1024x768

Priority: High
-Esc doesn't work to skip replays. The UI button does, but not Esc as a hotkey
-Before a match start, closing Pick a Deck kicks you out of that match
-No private coop games

Priority: Urgent
-Tournaments not showing up in-game

Features:
Priority: Low
-Selectable player colors (in-game and names)
-Camera should be movable when viewing maps in birds-eye view
-Pre-game colors are all blue (need to change when the game assigns colors/creates bases)
-Map Previews in Private Lobby
-Paste function in chat
-Scroll wheel to work other than when in the narrow scroll bar section
-There's no music on the log-in screen
-"Are you sure?" window when using a deck with less than 12 cards
-Team and Coop games VP count to show individual players' amount AND teams' amount
-Chatting in a match -- max characters is wrong/should be increased
-Replay archives in-client
-"Game Time" clock, calendar, and pop-up reminders
-Confirmation window before going from client to internet browser
-Auto-select a unit when bought
-Auto-select an infantry when it's unloaded from a transport

Priority: Normal
-AFK auto-response
-Private Game Max Turn default value from 25 to 30
-Make the tutorial instructions OPTIONAL
-Save the camera zoom position from match to match
-Scroll Notch in chat rooms is reversed
-Overall Ranking on rankings page (in progress)
-Add Ranking to Awards screen

Priority: High
-Confirmation for buying packs in-game

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: BDex v2 Beta: Issues/Bugs
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:11 pm 

I tried to watch a replay and it didn't work in the new client.

I went to the replay site, clicked the play button, the new client opened up, but then it just stayed on the normal screen and didn't take me to the replay game.

(I don't know what information you guys want for submitting bugs - can someone make a post so we can help efficiently?)

Rothmorthau

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:23 pm 

When i go to Single Player > Continue Campaign, i see no option of buying it even though I never played it.
It shows I have trophies for missions 1, 2, 3, and 8 (the same missions I have trophies for in co-op?).
Actually, did yall unlock campaign for me? I clicked on play mission and it worked! Either yall unlocked it, or it's now free

When viewing cards in Inventory > My Cards, the card images' locations are all over the place. The previous version looked really good with that ONE spot where any card showed (regardless of location on the card list). Also when changing the card picture location relative to the window, keep in mind that the window is moveable now (thank you!), so putting it below the window or something will mean pics getting cut off really easily (and the window's already pretty big)

I like the new font on the cards a lot better, but a lot of the names/prices/description is now cut off of the cards

Need to add an "are you sure?" dialog when buying a pack with points in-game

Need to add the "this goes to your web browser, is that okay?" dialog when player clicks on "add points"
I would also like to see that button (and any other that lead to an external link) as a different color gray/black than the other buttons. Would make things better and quicker!

When the mouse goes outside the client (windowed mode) the custom mouse picture still lingers on the edge where it left

When you open a new pack, it looks tacky (in my opinion) to have the overlapping thing in the middle. Very small, insignificant complaint, but still :P

When you click on a Ranking category for the first time, all 4 category buttons flash their "selected" image, then go back to normal. After the first time on that specific category, it doesn't happen anymore
This happens each time you change menu's then come back to the ranking menu
Also if you leave the ranking menu on a category other than constructed, when you go back botht he previously selected one AND constructed are "selected" (constructed rankings are shown)

when typing in chat, the text is a little slow and I can type to where when I'm done it's still a couple words behind and I watch it finish while I sit back in wonder!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:33 pm 

I have completed all of the campaign but it shows missing trophies in the campaign mission section.

The space for deck names is far too small and any words in the deck name that are 8 or 9 characters or more wrap around to the next line and look pretty bad.

In general I have significant mouse lag in the new client. I find I have to move much slower when choosing what to click, and that is troublesome during games. (It occurs both in the menus and while in a game)

When in the deck editor (after you click "select" on a premade deck) you cannot use the scroll wheel on the mouse when looking through cards to add to the deck. (Technically you can use the scroll wheel while your mouse is hovering over the scroll bar, but it should work when you are hovering over the cards as well)

--This also happens in the View Cards menu (buffed units to test), single player campaign missions, single player training missions, and the awards section with medals. The rankings section works though.

The option to view other players awards through the player finder has been removed... I don't know if this is a bug or intended.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:04 am 

From our newest player, SUXpanD:

Completing Boot Camp for the first time doesn't show any trophies or give rewards
Completing Training 1 works fine, but you can't open the resulting Into Pack (normal packs work fine)
Campaign Mission 1 doesn't show when it's beaten, meaning people can't move on to Mission 2

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 am 

Thanks for that post. Just one addition: I just completed Boot Camp again with no results. It doesn't seem to be a one-time issue.

On a side note, I've noticed a few spelling mistakes in the campaign mode dialog. Should I report these too, once the campaign works properly? (assuming it doesn't get locked here)

EDIT: Noticed one more bug: The surrender option doesn't seem to work. I noticed it before in the first campaign level, and just noticed it again in the third tutorial level.

EDIT #2: Some more oddities below.

* You can select enemy troops when in combat, and they will make sounds like "Sir?" as if you own them.

* Occasionally troops may not be selectable. Spam-clicking them fixes this eventually. This seems to happen mostly when a troop has your cursor above it when entering a new turn.

* Gained cards are not shown properly, at least not in the tutorial missions. I noticed this when I finished tutorial mission 3, and the minor repair card was not in the battle gains screen, but was in my inventory afterwards.

* There seems to be an odd line of random colors, about 2 pixels high, at the top of the screen when in combat. The colors change when moving the camera. This is only visible when the camera is moved up to the upper edge of the map. It almost looks like another view of the battle map which is being shifted around... I'm running at 2560x1440.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:06 pm 

I did a post about spelling and grammar in the campaign a few months ago:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3081

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:44 pm 

Damn it. An update just came out, and I downloaded it. Now the campaign is locked again. Oh, and my Intro Packs (yes, I have two now) still do not work. :|

Oh well, time to see if the other bugs are still there I suppose.

EDIT: Boot Camp has no working trophies yet.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:26 pm 
Battle Dex Team

Thanks all for the reports. We're putting up a quick patch for the opening intro packs problem, and working on the other issues. Rothmorthau, we'll have your corrections in soon.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:05 pm 

I can confirm that Intro Packs now work properly. Thanks a lot for the fast fix! :D

OfflineProfile  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17  Next