OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: BDex v2 Beta: Suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:51 pm 

Post any and all feedback that you may have that leads to changing something in the client. For general feedback, please post here.

PS for some reason i've never been able to sticky threats in this forum. Please fix? :D

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: BDex v2 Beta: Suggestions
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 9:03 pm 

Menu > Options:
-under video, there needs to be an option for start-up preferences (windowed vs fullscreen)
-Also, I would LOVE to see a "fullscreen windowed mode" kind of like StarCraft 2 has. It looks fullscreen, but hitting the windows button doesn't minimize it

Chat:
-We need a way to minimize chat windows rather than just closing them entirely! (and the player finder too)
-I LOVE seeing "availability" and "status" :D however they're both blank.. (while I'm alone in the game and on the main menu at least)
-Add a button under global chat for "Private Chat". Brings up a window that has boxes for you to put in the name, password (optional), and suggested players. Any players online whose names are put in this list are sent a PM in the client saying that (creator of the private chat) would like them to join (private chat name) (password: it's password if there was one)
-Please add an option that lets players change their name color. Trust me, one thing I learned from WoW is that that little addition makes a huge chatroom MUCH more manageable.

Ranking:
I would add a "see more" button that leads to the corresponding ranking page on the website starting at 31

Awards:
When mousing over awards and medals, I would love to know their descriptions!
Could also make the names of the badge show up instantly upon mouse-over rather than waiting a few seconds. A minor change, but this stops things from happening like me just now taking a 2nd time looking at the menu to realize it shows the names :P

Library:
I LOVE that you put links to all that in the client!!! Definitely add an in-game bug-reporting system there too! It'll be the only button there without an external link, but it'll still make it easier for lesser-known players to report issues

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:47 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

VIEW CARDS
The differece between available and unavailable is too low.
Put away the cardnames and the boxes where its written and make the number smaller.
I see you sort the cards but e.g. Heal isnt good sorted.

RANK
Overall ranking is missing

SINGLEPLAYER
" turns needed" To know how many turns did i need to win...

INGAME
Bufficons must to be smaller.
Benocular must give "+1" vision not "+1%". same as range.
If a unit doesnt make dmg to air, then there shouldnt be" +x%" (dmg buff)
"Clear Order" Button. Clearing order for one unit.
right mouse button must be abort. e.g. replays or just to abort the order...
persue doesnt work at all.
The Camoflage icon looks like kavler.

finished for now =)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:54 am 

seanpaul wrote:
"Clear Order" Button. Clearing order for one unit.
right mouse button must be abort. e.g. replays or just to abort the order...

So two Clear Orders? I thought Undo always served that purpose :P
What do you mean right mouse = abort? It's already used to assign movement. Can you explain? :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:05 am 

Schlumpfi wrote:
Maybe highlight the name of oneself in the "Ranking" box, or if you are not top 30, but the rank below it with the data, so one can at least compare =)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:05 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Nevermind clear order

Now left and right mouse button have the same function, but the right button should have the function like befor v2 Beta (cant explain it better oO xD)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:00 pm 

-some coops have "isane" but they used to have easy ( the first ones)

-where is the button for private coop matches?

-i think it's not clear at first sight, if a dark button means the option is selected (e.g. 1v1 constructed deck in multiplayer menu) or deselected

-make the hole sections scrollable, not only the scrollbar

-maybe make a map preview in the private match screen, it would help a lot to choose the right map :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:14 pm 

agreeing with denyo on these last 3 points. maybe but a checkbox with a red [x] if its selected? wouldnt be that much effort and help a LOT on these.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:58 pm 

I will be posting in groups. This first topic is chat.

@Bubbles - The chat windows can be minimized by double-clicking on them.

Chat Windows Should Flash: The chat windows, when minimized, should flash when a new message is sent to you. Currently, if you have a chat box minimized and the other person sends a message, you will have no idea. If you have to constantly check manually it is annoying. Another game I play has the message window flash when minimized and it is an essential feature imo.

Player Name and Dialogue Should Be Different Colors: Bubbles touched on this. Right now in both private chat and global chat, a long sentence will continue below the players name who said it. If this is going to be the preferred format, then the player's name needs to be a different color. The following looks confusing:

dojadoug: hey man, just wanted to see what
you are doing. let me know if you want to
play some games later
ice: just got back, gonna be on for another
hour, lets play!

In the above example the player names blend in with the chat itself. They need to be highlighted with a different color or some other fix needs to be implemented.

Size of Private Message Window: The size, mainly the width, of a private message window is a bit on the large size. It is foreseeable that a player would want to have around 5 chat windows minimized on his screen at the same time. At their current size when minimized, having 5 at once would block a considerable amount of the screen. For a private message, there is no need for there to be a list on the right of the parties involved.

Rather, I suggest that when in private chat with a single player, their name is listed on the banner of the chat window, so that when minimized you can see who that chat window is engaged with. This will save considerable width of the private chat window both when minimized and when full size. There is no need for 20% of the width to be used, for example, for "Thor88" and "dojadoug" if the banner at the top would simply say "Thor88" when my private message is with Thor88. Then, when minimized, I would still know who that private message window is for, and if it flashes then I will know I have an updated message from that person. :)

EDIT: They are re-sizeable! Great! My point about the names on the right hand side still stands though, unless as Bubbles points out that may be there to get group chat going. I'm thinking it might just look that way from global chat though, as both use the same window format.

Last edited by dojadoug on Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:11 pm 

denyo wrote:
-some coops have "isane" but they used to have easy ( the first ones)

That may be an issue for campaign too. First 3 are "insane" then a "medium" xD Was wondering why..
denyo wrote:
-where is the button for private coop matches?

to quote dagnor: Coming soon
denyo wrote:
-make the hole sections scrollable, not only the scrollbar

Already reported as a bug

dojadoug wrote:
Size of Private Message Window: The size, mainly the width, of a private message window is a bit on the large size. It is foreseeable that a player would want to have around 5 chat windows minimized on his screen at the same time. At their current size when minimized, having 5 at once would block a considerable amount of the screen. For a private message, there is no need for there to be a list on the right of the parties involved.

Windows are actually re-sizable! And I think/hope the list of members is there for the addition of group chats (ex. Me, you, and Schlumpfi in a private chatroom/window)

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next