OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Campaign issues/bugs
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:13 pm 

I think it'd be better to have a separate list of bugs specific to the campaign, since a lot of them (such as grammar/spelling) are not caused by the new v2 update.

-Many grammar/spelling mistakes and typo's. (thread here)
-In mission 1, although you can't buy 4 units from the headquarters, their respective discount/buffed unit cards work fine. Not sure if this is a bug or intended (if intended, I will remove, but let me know)
-mission 1: Airport and Tank Factory also work for all units instead of just the 4 intended ones
-mission 1: doesn't automatically fail if McCracken dies

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Campaign issues/bugs
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:28 am 

on mission 1, it doesnt auto-fail you when mccracken dies. it waits til you spend over half an hour on the mission, win just barely with a silver medal, then crushes your dreams -.-

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:13 pm 

Bubbles wrote:
on mission 1, it doesnt auto-fail you when mccracken dies. it waits til you spend over half an hour on the mission, win just barely with a silver medal, then crushes your dreams -.-

Okay nevermind, it's definitely bugged. I just beat it in 16 turns (1 shy of gold D:) but both flak and McCracken lived through the whole mission and it said I lost due to mission objectives! The bug -might- be that I used a minor heal (+50hp) on McCracken and when the game was over he had 38 hp left?
Attachment:
File comment: This was taken RIGHT after the arty destroyed his base (i tried to time it right before but there's a delay)
1.jpg
1.jpg [ 786.79 KiB | Viewed 1381 times ]

EDIT: sorry for the huge picture size >.< if someone can tell me how to scale it down, I'll edit

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:52 pm 

Bubbles you need to have a unit end the turn on a hex adjacent to Flak to gain control of him. That is the mission objective that you failed. I can tell because he is not providing vision in your screenshot.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:05 pm 

It never explained that you could gain control of units >.< I was wondering why it wanted me to fight off 6ish fighters with no AA's (without cards at least)...

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:03 pm 

Problems with Death's Ravine

Attachment:
strangecrop.png
strangecrop.png [ 99.79 KiB | Viewed 1336 times ]

This message appears just after you take your first turn and the CPU gains control of the control point.

Obviously there are numerous spelling problems:

1) Congraatulations -> Congratulations
2) Battl eDex -> Battle Dex
3) rquired -> required
4) fictory -> victory

But one reason I didn't simply put this in the spelling thread is because the first sentence is completely inappropriate. I didn't just take control of Death's Ravine - the point of my mission is to take Death's Ravine. :)

In general, it appears that the point of this message is to teach a player to win with victory points rather than destroying an enemy's base. But isn't there a training mission to teach this? The previous campaign map, Boot Hill, also has control points, so its not like this is the first time a player encounters them. Maybe a better message would be: "Dax's base on the other side of Death's Ravine is heavily fortified. Your best strategy will probably be to capture the control point and hold onto it until you secure enough victory points" or something to that extent.

Campaign Sequence: Maybe I misunderstood the campaign format, but it seemed as if you needed to rescue certain allies in order to gain access to building certain types of units. For instance, you need to "Save Colonel Flak" in order to build AA (mission one), you need to "Retake the Airfield" in order to build planes/helis (mission two), you need to "Capture Dex's Tank Factories" in order to build heavy tanks (mission four), and you need to "Free Colonel Cannon" in order to build artillery (mission five).

Anyhow, in Death's Ravine the player is unable to build either Artillery or Heavy Tanks at his base. Maybe this was on purpose or maybe it was an accident, but if the campaign sequence in the previous paragraph is how the campaign is supposed to work then there is an error on Death's Ravine.

EDIT: I also got the same message (screenshot at top) after I would capture a control point during campaign level 8 (Hold The Line).

Last edited by dojadoug on Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:26 pm 

Attachment:
campaign8prize.png
campaign8prize.png [ 123.95 KiB | Viewed 1325 times ]

Campaign 8 prize doesn't show the card (Full Repair) - but it does reward it.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:24 pm 

There is a bug involving the "deck name" during deck selection. The bug occurs in two different manners.

1) When you open the Battle Dex client and play a campaign map, the first deck in your inventory will be selected but there will be a blank name for it.

2) If you select a different deck to play the campaign with, then surrender, then play again, the first deck in your inventory will be selected but it will show the name of the previous deck you used.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:17 pm 

I'm on Campaign Level 13 and the game is freezing - I can't play it :(

There are a number of troops that I can see in the middle when I am selecting my deck. After selecting my deck, but before I can play any cards or give orders, enemies attack the units in the middle on turn 0. After this the game freezes. Help!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:57 pm 

dojadoug wrote:
I'm on Campaign Level 13 and the game is freezing - I can't play it :(

There are a number of troops that I can see in the middle when I am selecting my deck. After selecting my deck, but before I can play any cards or give orders, enemies attack the units in the middle on turn 0. After this the game freezes. Help!

Just checked and this has already been reported and fixed. Will be in the next patch!

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next