OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: BDex v2 Beta: Suggestions
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:46 pm 

When I test my constructed decks I usually sign on with two accounts and have to flip back and forth between the two open clients.

I'd really appreciate allowing private games with just one player and having all of the maps available. Wouldn't be able to "win" or anything obviously. It would help me plan out what I could spend and my early game strategy for the map.

Also if it gets implemented could you leave a grey HQ where the opponents should be for base rush strat testing?

I think this would be a good resource for new players who are "afraid" to play much constructed (and if players get into constructed they will buy more packs and cards).

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:02 pm 

http://www.battledexgame.com/forums/vie ... f=3&t=1456
Suggested 16 months ago >.< still nothing

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:58 am 

Agree with Rothmorthau.

Haha, in that link Bubbles posted I had lobbied for a standard AI to play against on the regular maps. I had forgotten about that when I posted my recent request for an Actual AI. :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:11 pm 

I think that you should allow Trading for players even if they do not have premium. Unlockable once they achieve a certain rank so that people don't just make a bunch of accounts to get 3 of all the starter cards.

Currently players who don't have premium can only buy the campaign and coops if they just buy points, but if you allow non-premium members to trade you will get paying customers who like pvp (which is one of the main draws of this game) as they can buy better cards through trade to compete in constructed games.

This also prevents people from feeling like it is impossible to get the right cards to beat a particular level in the campaign or coops. I'm sure many people will buy JUST the campaign and get to the later levels and get frustrated, and realize that if they just had that one card they might be able to beat it (and they spend more money to get it). The longer you keep players playing the game, the more money you will make.

Everybody wins.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:42 pm 

Allow a user to set an auto-reply message if they go afk but want to leave their Battle Dex browser open. :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:00 pm 

CO-OP Suggestions

1) Players need to be able to pick their starting location. If a co-op group wants to start in certain places, they will just restart the game until they get the spots they want. This is highly annoying to do. It doesn't make any sense not to let players start where they want, so why not just make the process easier? Easy > Annoying.

2) Not sure if this is a bug, an oversight, or an intentional change, but there is no way to increase the turn time in a co-op. Maybe the plan is for this issue to be solved when (and if) co-ops can be set up through a private match. Right now there really isn't enough time to chat with your fellow teammates in co-op. The point of a co-op is to have fun interacting and strategizing with a fellow teammate(s) during the game.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:41 pm 

When you buy a new unit or place a new unit with a card, that unit should automatically be selected.

Currently the following will happen:

1) I have unit A selected.
2) I order unit A to move to a hex (I'm now done with unit A for the turn - its orders are in)
3) I buy unit B (either with card or normally)
4) I order unit B to move, but this gives orders to unit A

This minor correction will make the game feel more like it is better designed for how humans think and play. When a player places a new unit, odds are that he is going to want to move it right away. Its very unlikely that a player will select unit A, build unit B, then intend to move unit A.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:10 am 

For constructed decks I would really like the ability to write notes to myself about openings and such. This is especially true if I want to use a particular deck for two or more maps, but for it to be most effective I would have to switch out a card for another one.

I suggest adding a "Notes" section to each deck and allowing players to access those notes during the deck selection process.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:52 am 

Rothmorthau wrote:
I suggest adding a "Notes" section to each deck and allowing players to access those notes during the deck selection process.

Posted 15 months ago :(

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:02 am 

Altr and I had a lot of fun playing private draft games. I'd like to see rated 1v1 draft as a battlematch option.

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next