OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Bubbles joins Bandera + What's in the works
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:12 pm 

Hey everyone! I talked to nfntp (if you dont know, he's one of the 6ish devs) today on skype and he showed/told me about some upcoming stuff and where BattleDex is headed! So I figured I'd let everyone know! After all, this is a community :)

Bubbles joins Bandera
Before anything, I figure I should tell everyone what's happened in the last few days. nfntp contacted me and said that Bandera was looking to move me from unpaid intern to paid intern/dev/employee/whatever you wanna call it. I'm now officially on the BattleDex development team as a hireling to the others! My job is to manage the community, keep it active, and inform y'all on what's happening, as well as help behind the scenes. For example, I'm in the process of re-testing every bug on that humoungous list and copying issues over to the system that the devs use to store all their bug info. Since I'm only 17 and still in high school, I don't have enough experience to jump into raw code or anything, however in the near future I'll be able to fix some minor issues, such as the infamous campaign typos and UI issues like the Deck Name box. I also have admin access to the website, so I can set up tournaments any time, suggest changes in turn requirements for medals on missions, etc.
So now not only if you need things done on the forums, but also if you'd like to set up a private tournament (yes, i said private), suggest an event, etc, feel free to pm me or post somewhere!

Soon to come
*Warning: things mentioned here may or may not take much shorter or longer than they may seem to imply. Viewer discretion is advised. =P

Website v2
Within the nearer future, the website will receive a complete and total revamp! I saw the new look today and trust me when I say that it's really awesome and much better. According to nfntp, who is currently finishing up the design, the forums and shop sections will look the same, however everything else is completely different. Don't be scared though! It's much easier to navigate!

Map Editor?
There was a brief (very brief) mention of getting a v2 map editor out to the community. This will probably be set as a low priority and may not happen for a while, but be assured that the devs ARE thinking/working on this for us! Get hype! Start thinking about map ideas! There will be a mapmaking contest to celebrate the map editor's release!

Marketing
While I'm not supposed to give specific details on this, I do want to reassure everyone that the marketing is going very well -- better than originally hoped in fact!

What Else?
So there's some insight on what's been happening! I hope everyone gets as excited as I am about these changes! Do you have any questions? Is there something I didn't mention that you're wondering about? Post and let me know!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Bubbles joins Bandera + What's in the works
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:35 am 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

Congratulations on the new job. Bandera made a good choice with you.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:08 pm 

Thanks Witcher, I appreciate it ^^
Is there anything youre wondering about the game?

EDIT: Oh!! One thing I forgot to mention! I'm leaving my bubbles account as it would be if I didn't have access to card inventories and points, so if anyone wants to trade or anything, don't count me out! I'll be using a second account called TheDoctor (because Doctor Who is awesome) to test things

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:06 pm 

Congratulations Tucker :)
I guess nfntp told you that I asked him to have my moderator status taken away, because I won't have the time I would like to put into and you put into in the upcoming months, probably in August I might be back once I'm done with all my exams and everything, but till then: You're on your own out here, and these lands can be pretty rough! ;)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:14 pm 

Schlumpfi wrote:
Congratulations Tucker :)
I guess nfntp told you that I asked him to have my moderator status taken away, because I won't have the time I would like to put into and you put into in the upcoming months, probably in August I might be back once I'm done with all my exams and everything, but till then: You're on your own out here, and these lands can be pretty rough! ;)

Whatttt!! No! You shall be missed! Besides, you've done about as much work as I have too! The wiki has been 100% your effort and who knows how many scrubs you've helped out with your youtube videos ;) I look forward to your return in a blaze of glory! There shall be cake!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:02 pm 

Congrats Bubbles! :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:06 am 
Contributor
Contributor

good stuff keep it coming

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1958&p=11367#p11367

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:24 pm 

Hey solid, long time no see. Howve you been? Do you like the new BattleDex updates? Have any feedback?

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]