OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Want to improve the UI? Tell me how!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:43 pm 

I now have access to tools editing the UI, so I can fix minor issues such as the name for decks being too small. So if you know of any issues with the UI (not the workings of it, just the look/placement of things), post here! Who knows how much I may overlook without your help :P

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Want to improve the UI? Tell me how!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:20 pm 

Not sure if this is within your control or not, but worth mentioning anyway.

A couple weeks ago in the last tourney one player accidentally quit the tournament partway into it. I examined the UI of the tournament lobby and I see how this could easily happen again. Currently, to close the tournament lobby window (i.e. leave the lobby) the only method is to click the red "x" button in the top right of the banner. I think it would feel more natural if there was an actual button in the lobby screen that says "Exit Lobby" or something to that effect.

I propose that the "Quit Tournament" button in the lower right hand of lobby be replaced with a "Leave Lobby" button. The "Quit Tournament" button should then be moved up horizontally with the "Enter Tournament", "Check In", and "Play Your Game" buttons. All three of these buttons relate to performing a function with regard to the tournament itself and "Quit Tournament" is in this same category. To have the "Quit Tournament" button separated in a location where one would expect a button to leave the lobby is confusing and I guarantee if left this way there will be future accidental quitting when someone merely intends to leave the lobby.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:39 pm 

ah, i forgot all about that! Yeah I've been thinking the same thing ^^ I'll try to have that in the next patch! Hopefully along with an "are you sure?" window. I know I can definitely do the things you mentioned, but I think a confirmation window upon quitting will be up to dagnor. We shall see!

EDIT: I just took care of this. The buttons are now moved and will be uploaded in the next patch. The Exit Lobby button may or may not work, but everything will at least be in its new spot :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:41 pm 

In the "Library" section there should be an external link to the replay section.

An even better solution would be to somehow allow you to access replays within the client itself, I always thought it was unwieldy having to open and close the client when I want to watch multiple replays.

Campaign mission difficulties are incorrect. For example, the first mission is listed as INSANE.

Scroll wheel still doesn't work on a lot of the UI elements, though I don't know if that is something you want listed here or not.

On the multiplayer sceen, the "searching" box will cover up part of the cancel button if you click on it. This is also true for the searching box in the coop menu.

In private game selection, using the next and previous buttons is a pain. Perhaps a drop down instead? I don't know what the best solution here is, but clicking through takes forever.

In private game selection please make the default turn limit 30 instead of 25. Since all tournament games are 30 games, this default should be as well.

In private game selection, where it asks choose your team, the names should all be color coded to allow players to choose which color they want to be.

In private game selection you can kick yourself.

In the ranking menu add an "Overall" rating and make that the default rating that shows up first.

In the awards menu, when you hover over an award, it should tell you what you need to attain that award as well as its name.

Please please please find a way for the game to save the setting to watch replays at 2x speed. Annoying that I have to select it every game.

Under the awards section, perhaps add a way to look at other players awards. This can be done from the "player finder" and then automatically show the awards section of that player.

When you receive a message with the client minimized, can you make the minimized icon flash like it used to?

Hopefully these fall into the category of things you have access to.

Rothmorthau

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 am 

I *should* be able to put a button for an external link to replays. I met with Dagnor for lunch yesterday and he showed me the coding behind the UI, so I'll see what I can do after I finish rewording the campaign and cards

right now Bandera's biggest focus is to "internationalize" the client so players can change the game (within the same client, not different clients) to their native language. Right now a company is about to start translating it into Portugese and I just messaged Schlumpfi about him and his band of friends (Heinzel, Jojo, LordDerbe, etc) about translating it into German.

The mouse wheel is already reported on their bug system. And actually, on most windows it'll work IF the mouse is positioned in the scroll column, but only there

If you can tell me what the Campaign mission difficulties were, or suggest what they should be changed to, I can fix that in a matter or 1 minute

I'll start looking in to everything listed there, though some of it is out of my hands. Thanks for all the help Roth, you really help us a lot!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:12 pm 

Okay I just moved the "Searching" box on the multiplayer a tad bit to stop the overlapping (sorry for the wait, I just finished card rewordings today)

If you can tell me what the mission difficulties are, It'll only take me about 10 seconds to fix. Any idea? :)

Comprised list of things I'll look into:
-external link to replays in the library
-private game lobby map selection
-private game lobby team colors
-private game default turn max

Everything not mentioned above is not in my power atm :/ I'll let the devs know though!
There will be a patch today (theoretically in less than an hour) with the rest of the card changes

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:19 pm 

Bubbles wrote:
If you can tell me what the mission difficulties are, It'll only take me about 10 seconds to fix. Any idea? :)

Campaign Level 1 - Change from Insane to Easy
Campaign Level 2 - Change from Insane to Easy
Campaign Level 3 - Change from Insane to Easy
Campaign Level 14 - Change from Hard to Insane

:)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:45 pm 

mission 14 has been fixed. apparently theres a bug on the admin site. Theres a pulldown menu to label each mission as Easy, Medium, Hard, or Insane, but apparently both the Easy AND Insane options show it as "INSANE" in-game. I'll forward this to dagnor

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]