OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: General Update / What do you want to see?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:43 pm 

I just want to let everyone know what's been going on lately :) As I've said before, we're working hard to spread the community world-wide. While I can't go into much detail for it, I'll say that part of the reason that we're taking so long on this particular project is that we're working with 2 other companies, so we have to go at THEIR pace. However we're starting to get back to working on normal things now!

-Dagnor mentioned to me today that he's going to work out the Co-Op queueing issue before anything else
-nfntp said the new website will be done within the next few weeks
-I'm looking into how to rearrange the stats at the top of a tournament lobby (ex. Name, Date, Players Remaining, all that stuff). So by the next update (or maybe the one after that) you may see a pretty substantial change there!
-Thanks to Schlumpfi, Heinzel, Jojo, and LordDerbe, the game is being translated into German! At Bandera, we intend to only have 1 game client, not different clients for each language. This is why you've seen some pretty big UI changes that seem bad for English (such as the Options window being much bigger now). We are trying to make the client fit 3 different languages because as we add more and more languages, it'd be too hectic to make the same fixes 3+ times and since we're such a small team, we just can't do it.

So that's all in the works now! What would YOU like to see next? Post here and let us know!

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: General Update / What do you want to see?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:14 am 

Cool! :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:25 pm 

This is great to hear ; ). I hope this game can rise from the ashes.

Also, if you guys ever need help translating the game into Spanish I could help, as I'm a law student so I know how to use my mother language pretty well.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:27 pm 

that's awesome Steppen :D I'll forward that to dagnor and let you know if he tells me anything!

Is there anything not listed in the OP that y'all think should be one of our first projects as we go through the endless list of things that need to be done? Let us know how we can make the game/community better :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:44 am 

dude u need to add the private co op option like before for all us try hards who only need to beat insane co op...make our life easer!!!!!!!!!!!!!! also add the damn map maker!!!!!!! me and others will make sic maps plus even make crazyer co ops!! biggest example battle.net.............u let players make maps/co op this game will be %100 better!!!! plus the fact that it could spawn a new way of playing the game!!!!! biggest example look what came out of wc3...dota..... is its own monster that started a new e sport.... im not saying that will happen im just saying u never know

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:54 am 

Altr wrote:
private co op option like before

I'll relay this to dagnor :) Will probably be what he does next after he fixes public co op

Altr wrote:
also add the damn map maker!!!!!!!

In my opinion, the mapmaker isn't that essential in the game's current state. Maybe when we get most of the bugs out of the way and are wrapping up the work. I know things are going monstrously slow, but there's only 3 or 4 of us that work on the game, and dagnor's the only one that is able to work on anything -- the rest of us have limits (ex. all I can do that directly effects the game client is the UI changes, nfntp mainly focuses on the website).
However I don't think we'll see custom games in BattleDex like in StarCraft. Trust me, I DEFINITELY get where youre coming from (been playing nothing but StarCraft II for months and I've made several custom maps in the mapmaker -- that's actually how I discovered that I like programming so much and decided on my future career!). But a mapmaker with so much versatility like that takes a lotttttt of time and even more work. While i'm sure we'll see a public mapmaker once we don't have some big stuff to work on (such as public and private co op), I'm sure it will be simple a way to make maps, not custom games (yet!)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 8:36 pm 

Do the devs know what causes the "phantom" players to exist on the client? There are always 7 or 8 players that are not online but still show up as if they were in the client.

It is frustrating when I go online and I assume that everyone that I see on isn't really there. If the list was accurate I'm sure I would play more games and the devs would get more feedback on issues/bugs for the beta. As it is the only consistent way to get games is weekend tourneys/facebook group.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:01 pm 

I'll take care of that if I can -- I'm pretty sure I know how to fix it, but not 100% sure

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:40 pm 

I know its way too much to ask, but I would like to see an actual AI opponent that you can play against on the standard PvP maps. :lol:

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]