OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: BDex v2 Beta: Issues/Bugs
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:20 pm 

Reported
Also, dagnor is currently looking into why tournaments are not showing up in-game

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 1:04 am 

Minor bug that I've noticed for some time now but was probably too lazy to report. If I did mention it anywhere (and its likely I didn't) its not in the big list anyways. So here is what it is and how it happens:

1) Play the campaign and choose a deck other than the first deck
2) Surrender your game / lose your game
3) Play the campaign again

At this point, the default deck selected will be the first of your decks, but the deck name showing will still be the last deck you played with. I'm not sure whether the bug is that the name isn't defaulting back or if the deck is improperly defaulting back, but the two aren't corresponding. :P

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:29 am 

dojadoug wrote:
Minor bug that I've noticed for some time now but was probably too lazy to report. If I did mention it anywhere (and its likely I didn't) its not in the big list anyways. So here is what it is and how it happens:

1) Play the campaign and choose a deck other than the first deck
2) Surrender your game / lose your game
3) Play the campaign again

At this point, the default deck selected will be the first of your decks, but the deck name showing will still be the last deck you played with. I'm not sure whether the bug is that the name isn't defaulting back or if the deck is improperly defaulting back, but the two aren't corresponding. :P

Actually, this is already reported :) (from 2/15)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm 

Updated the OP :)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:46 pm 

A couple of card wordings are incorrect:

Armor Piercing: This card actually does not give x10 firepower anymore. Due to space restrictions on the UI, the damage has been reduced to +900%. The text format should be the same as High Caliber Boost, except with the against mechanical only caveat.

Troop Transport: Currently the card states that transports have 50hp. They actually have 100hp.

Retreat: The wording on this card is too ambiguous, everyone I have talked to has no idea it works on infantry. Should be reworded to say "give any combination of ground vehicles and Infantry +100% movement..."

All of the training cards: Currently the wording is wrong if it is used on units that already have kills. Should be reworded to say "This unit immediately receives the benefit of any new promotion achieved." [Advanced Infantry Training, Advanced Training, Boot Camp, Combat Training, Infantry Training, Officer Training, Training]

Airport: Replace "aircrafts". I suggest: Aircraft may be purchased from this building and deployed on its adjacent hexes.

Tank Factory: If you change Airport, change this to match wording.

Bazooka: Incorrectly uses "infantry unit". Replace with just "Infantry" for consistency. [Don't forget capitalization]

Grenade: The card text currently only accounts for damage done to Infantry, but grenades can do damage to ground vehicles as well.

Also for Grenade, Minor Artillery, Major Artillery, and Nuke, the current wording implies that you have to target a unit instead of a hex. The original text accounted for this by saying "vehicle in targeted hex".

Land mines: Camouflaged units can be seen when there is a unit next to them, land mines cannot. This needs to be reworded to reflect this.

Smoke and Smoke 2: "Line of Sight" or "line of sight"? I'm not quite sure why you capitalized here but there may be a reason I am unaware of.

Thats all for now :D

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:29 pm 

Rothmorthau wrote:
A couple of card wordings are incorrect:

Armor Piercing: This card actually does not give x10 firepower anymore. Due to space restrictions on the UI, the damage has been reduced to +900%. The text format should be the same as High Caliber Boost, except with the against mechanical only caveat.

Troop Transport: Currently the card states that transports have 50hp. They actually have 100hp.

Retreat: The wording on this card is too ambiguous, everyone I have talked to has no idea it works on infantry. Should be reworded to say "give any combination of ground vehicles and Infantry +100% movement..."

All of the training cards: Currently the wording is wrong if it is used on units that already have kills. Should be reworded to say "This unit immediately receives the benefit of any new promotion achieved." [Advanced Infantry Training, Advanced Training, Boot Camp, Combat Training, Infantry Training, Officer Training, Training]

Airport: Replace "aircrafts". I suggest: Aircraft may be purchased from this building and deployed on its adjacent hexes.

Tank Factory: If you change Airport, change this to match wording.

Bazooka: Incorrectly uses "infantry unit". Replace with just "Infantry" for consistency. [Don't forget capitalization]

Grenade: The card text currently only accounts for damage done to Infantry, but grenades can do damage to ground vehicles as well.

Also for Grenade, Minor Artillery, Major Artillery, and Nuke, the current wording implies that you have to target a unit instead of a hex. The original text accounted for this by saying "vehicle in targeted hex".

Land mines: Camouflaged units can be seen when there is a unit next to them, land mines cannot. This needs to be reworded to reflect this.

Smoke and Smoke 2: "Line of Sight" or "line of sight"? I'm not quite sure why you capitalized here but there may be a reason I am unaware of.

Thats all for now :D

Armor Piercing: Didn't know he changed the stat in-game. Done!
Troop Transport: Odd.. Fixed!
Retreat: I was trying to keep the phrase "Ground Vehicles" and "Ground Units" throughout the cards, but I guess people didn't always catch the difference :/ No worries, I changed it!
Training cards: Fixed. Thanks SO MUCH for listing them out for me. Saved me some time ^^
Airport: Ah, didn't realize Aircraft was both singular and plural. Changed the 2nd half of the card -- not the whole thing because your description, though I like it better, doesn't mention placement
Tank Factory: Don't worry, I didn't forget :)
Bazooka: Actually, I fixed that the day he put the card in. We just havent released a patch in a long time :/
Grenade: Fixed
Land Mines: Fixed
Smoke/Smoke 2: Capitalized because it's a game mechanic and I've always seen it capitalized or called LoS. Is it just me? (if so, I can change it no problem)

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:55 am 

New patch caused some bugs:

1) Clicking on the Ranking screen causes the client to crash. Occasionally clicking into a specific tournament lobby causes the client to crash as well, though doing it slowly sometimes helps - it has happened about 50% of the 8 or so times I have tried to get into a tournament lobby.

2) The card total on the inventory screen says 183 of 183 cards (Rothmorthau account) and 133 of 133 cards (Vinz account). Total cards is not totaling correctly.

3) Even though the patch notes say they can, the premium cards still do not show up to be traded in the the web interface, so they cannot be traded.

I will post again if I find anything else, I will probably fool around in the client for a bit.

Edit: The spacing for the deck bar in matches is worse than it used to be. You can only see the smallest sliver of the last card.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:56 am 

see: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3257&p=18472#p18472

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:59 pm 
Battle Dex Testing Team
Battle Dex Testing Team

for me it is 100% crash when entering tourney so far.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:23 pm 

When hitting "view cards" on the inventory screen I receive an in client pop up that says:

Battle Dex has encountered an error

Also Soundwave and I played a private game which worked fine, except that the client was exceptionally laggy with mouse movement and from when you click to when it actually submits the order.

Edit: In trying to find more about the view cards inventory problem, I played a training mission and tried to hit modify to my original deck. It also said Battle Dex has encountered an error, but the card list popped up. Clicking through the card list, only the cards that I own that begin with the letters A and B show up, while the rest show greyed out (whether I had them or not).

I found it weird that it was only cards with certain starting letters that were showing up, so I figured I would let you guys know.

OfflineProfile  
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next