OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Major Issue That Was Fixed Is Back
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:06 pm 

One of the best fixes/adjustments EVER made in this game was in patch 379-382. viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2637

Chrism had written: "Movement Change -- units entering and exiting the same hex on the same turn will never be blocked (no coin flip), credit to Zfelin for the fix idea."

Well, in several recent games I have encountered this exact problem. The units are the same speed and are moving along the same path, but one gets held up (presumably because it lost a coin flip).

Some of us actually play this game quite often, even with the low population, and this bug now seriously compromises game play.

On turn 13 of this game - http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=32660 - my infantry on the right (speed 3) is following my AA (speed 3). It follows it for the first two moves but does not follow it for the third move (presumably it lost a coin flip). After turn 13 on the replay, but before watching turn 14, you can click on my infantry and see that it is in fact ordered to move into the hex that it didn't. You can also see, when watching from my view of the replay (as opposed to the "everyone" view), that it has 33 carry over movement, which it would have if it had been blocked.

This bug also happened to me in a game in which I was playing Rothmorthau recently, but I can't remember which one. The new friend list is cool, but its worthless if important aspects of this game suddenly begin to break. Please fix this ASAP. This could ruin our weekly tournaments and ruin our private games.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Major Issue That Was Fixed Is Back
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:16 pm 
Battle Dex Team

The fix is still working. The aa delayed the infantry slightly so he didn't attempt to move when the aa exited the hex. A small bug caused the aa's movement to be slightly out of sync due to his moving only 2 hexes the previous turn. They both would have still moved 3 hexes on their own. I added this bug to be fixed but you are unlikely to see it often.

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Major Issue That Was Fixed Is Back
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:36 pm 

This bug struck in a tourney. Probably would have lost anyway, but check out how my infantry doesn't get to the middle factory when it should. It is following an AA and neither has stacked movement.

http://battledexgame.com/game.php?game_id=32730

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ]