OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: List the most important bugs! (or the quick fixes)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:57 pm 

Hey guys! I'm proud to say that progression on our playability features is coming along great -- we're working on patch 4 of 5 total, adding a lot more to the client! Always liking to think ahead, I suggested to dagnor that once we're done with these patches, we have one big patch that addresses a ton of playability bugs/issues in the client! This is not 100% set in stone however I would be surprised if it didn't happen. So any major issues and/or quick fixes you know of that you think are relevant to take care of in that patch, post here! I'll keep an up-to-date list so when the time comes, everyone will know exactly what we're working on and what to expect!

Current list (as of 8/13/12):
-mouse lag
-remember if zoomed in/out in matches
-remember if x2 replay speed or not
-make esc work to skip replays
-remember if the client should start in windowed or fullscreen mode
-fix the background being to short vertically
-make overall ranking work
-when starting a chat with someone (PMing), make it not pop up until a message has actually been sent
-when logging out on one account and into another, refresh the page that loads when you log back in so that it shows the right account's details
-Default turns in private games changed to 30 (since tourneys are 30)
-"Are you sure?" pop-up when buying packs
-Fix scrollbars -- some are backwards, and most require the mouse to be in the scrollbar zone for the scroll wheel to work
-Fix an issue that makes it hard to choose a player to pick from when watching a Replay of 4+ people
-Make it much more obvious which multiplayer game types you are queueing for, make the queue keep you in the queue if you go to another part of the menu, and make it very clear that you are in the queue
-Return players to a lobby after a private game
-Fix the issue where after finishing a game, when mousing over cards in the inventory > my cards, the displays will be sporadic and all over the place
-Search bar for maps in private lobbies that filters as you type in the map name
-Map thumbnails in private lobbies
-Flash the header of a window when it is minimized and there is something new in it
-Flash the icon on the taskbar when BattleDex is minimized and something new happens
-Make the Previous Turn (watching the turn's replay) button work even when the game is over and the stats window has come up
-Fix the gap by the scroll bar (Details)
-Fix backspacing a very long message in chat (Details)

Possibly:
-First card not showing up when opening a pack (if we can trace it. This is always the one that gets away..)
-BattleDex Server Time shown when the clock is moused over
-Fix replays from v1
-Fix cards STILL!!!! sometimes not showing up for new packs (Newest pics)

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: List the most important bugs! (or the quick fixes)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 7:21 pm 

Default turns in private game is 30 (since tourneys are 30)

Warning messages when clicking buy packs

Cards that don't show up sometimes when opening packs

Scrollbars - not all of them work properly and sometimes you have to hover your mouse right over the scroll bar to scroll... should be anywhere in field you are moving

Replays with 4+ people, when selecting who to watch view from, it is near impossible to scroll to bottom to change everyone

Bring back a way to view other peoples trophies/awards - perhaps add a search function on the award screen.

Private Coop

Battledex Server Time clock

Multiplayer game type selection buttons are confusing to tell which are "pressed" and which are not.

After private game exit take players back to private game lobby

Countdown timer when invited to a game reads "30,59,58,57,..."

Fix issue where after finishing a game, when hovering over cards in the inventory screen the cards show too far to bottom right instead of right above the mouse

Add the supposedly awesome animations for bazooka etc :-)

In addition to the "next" and "previous" buttons for map selection in the private game lobby, a choice to use a drop down selection would be nice.

Map thumbnails in private game lobby (looks like you already added space)

Fix chat bug that occurs when backspacing after writing a long message. There is no way to backspace everything if you write too long of a sentence.

New information in a minimized window (ex a chat message) should make the header flash. Need header information for opened windows.

If someone messages you while you are tabbed out of battledex, the icon in the taskbar should flash at you letting you know you got a message/tourney round starting/game invite etc.

Fix card image resolution issue where occasionally when scrolling up and down on main inventory screen through decks the card sizes get smaller and there is a space between the last cards and the scrollbar.

Fix armor piercing text to only be +900% vs air and ground mechanical units.

Allow players to see what they need to do to/how close they are to achieving the medals in the awards section. Either tooltip or make them clickable.

Allow previous turn buttons to work when watching replays even after the game has ended.

That's all I can think of right now. I'll post back if I think of more. Keep up the good work!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:39 pm 

Rothmorthau wrote:
Default turns in private game is 30 (since tourneys are 30)

Agreed and added!

Rothmorthau wrote:
Warning messages when clicking buy packs

Agreed and added!

Rothmorthau wrote:
Cards that don't show up sometimes when opening packs

Is this still an issue??? Havent heard about it in a while, but this is THE bug of bugs apparently :/ Any and all details on this would help (preferably in a dedicated thread)

Rothmorthau wrote:
Scrollbars - not all of them work properly and sometimes you have to hover your mouse right over the scroll bar to scroll... should be anywhere in field you are moving

Ah, forgot about this one! Agreed and added :)

Rothmorthau wrote:
Replays with 4+ people, when selecting who to watch view from, it is near impossible to scroll to bottom to change everyone

Added

Rothmorthau wrote:
Bring back a way to view other peoples trophies/awards - perhaps add a search function on the award screen.

Actually, we are doing a complete overhaul of the trophies/awards later down the road, so I'll leave this one until then.

Rothmorthau wrote:
Private Coop

This is neither an "issue" nor a minor fix. However, this is one thing that will be added in the 4th of 4 Playability updates (details here), so you needn't worry about that once we get to the bug patch!

Rothmorthau wrote:
Battledex Server Time clock

Mmm.. While i heavily agree on this (as well as a calendar, events system, pop-up reminders, custom email reminders, etc), idk if we will include this in the bug patch or wait til the focus after that. I'll put it on the list as a maybe

Rothmorthau wrote:
Multiplayer game type selection buttons are confusing to tell which are "pressed" and which are not.

Agree VERY much and added

Rothmorthau wrote:
After private game exit take players back to private game lobby

This should be no big deal :) added

Rothmorthau wrote:
Countdown timer when invited to a game reads "30,59,58,57,..."

Was not aware of this! This will be in the next patch instead of the big bug patch

Rothmorthau wrote:
Fix issue where after finishing a game, when hovering over cards in the inventory screen the cards show too far to bottom right instead of right above the mouse

Ah, hadn't seen this one in a long time. Added

Rothmorthau wrote:
Add the supposedly awesome animations for bazooka etc :-)

In all honesty i have no idea what the status is on this! I'll ask now

Rothmorthau wrote:
In addition to the "next" and "previous" buttons for map selection in the private game lobby, a choice to use a drop down selection would be nice.

I'll do ya one better -- a search bar that starts with a dropdown of all maps and filters as you type in the map name!

Rothmorthau wrote:
Map thumbnails in private game lobby (looks like you already added space)

Haha yeah, i added in that space so long ago. This will be added hopefully

Rothmorthau wrote:
Fix chat bug that occurs when backspacing after writing a long message. There is no way to backspace everything if you write too long of a sentence.

Can you give me more details on this one? I haven't heard anything about that

Rothmorthau wrote:
New information in a minimized window (ex a chat message) should make the header flash. Need header information for opened windows.

Ooh, good idea! Added

Rothmorthau wrote:
If someone messages you while you are tabbed out of battledex, the icon in the taskbar should flash at you letting you know you got a message/tourney round starting/game invite etc.

Again, great idea that we overlooked. Added

Rothmorthau wrote:
Fix card image resolution issue where occasionally when scrolling up and down on main inventory screen through decks the card sizes get smaller and there is a space between the last cards and the scrollbar.

Have yet to see this one. Any chance you can get a screenshot?

Rothmorthau wrote:
Fix armor piercing text to only be +900% vs air and ground mechanical units.

Took care of that right now, should be automatically uploaded in the next patch

Rothmorthau wrote:
Allow players to see what they need to do to/how close they are to achieving the medals in the awards section. Either tooltip or make them clickable.

See the comment on awards/trophies above

Rothmorthau wrote:
Allow previous turn buttons to work when watching replays even after the game has ended.

Added

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:01 am 

I created new forum posts for the issues that I brought up that you had questions about. I'll check back on them if you have any other questions or need me to do more testing.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:44 am 

Rothmorthau wrote:
I created new forum posts for the issues that I brought up that you had questions about. I'll check back on them if you have any other questions or need me to do more testing.

Thanks very much!

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:01 pm 

I don't know if its easy but there appears to be an issue with certain indicators showing during old replays from v1. For example, when a unit levels up there will be no indicator over the unit. I think it might also be that way with debuffs. Kind of makes them confusing to watch.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:37 am 

dojadoug wrote:
I don't know if its easy but there appears to be an issue with certain indicators showing during old replays from v1. For example, when a unit levels up there will be no indicator over the unit. I think it might also be that way with debuffs. Kind of makes them confusing to watch.

Odd. I'll put this under the maybe since I'm not sure how much work this would take to fix

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]