OR REGISTER
Register    FAQ    Search

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Patch 479 -- January Premium
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 3:42 pm 

Just added the January Premium card, DIVEBOMB

Cost: 40g
Description: Select a Fighter to shoot one ground vehicle within 3 hexes for 50 damage.

Thoughts?

OfflineProfile  
 Post subject: Re: Patch 479 -- January Premium
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:33 am 

I like the artwork. The card seems very similar to Hellfire though.

Hellfire - 60g - Select an Air Unit to shoot a ground vehicle within 3 hexes for 100 damage.

Divebomb - 40g - Select a FIGHTER to shoot a ground vehicle within 3 hexes for 50 damage.

So really it is just 20g less for half damage and restricted to fighter only. Really the theme of the card is good, I am imagining more of a get up and close attack, where the plane is diving in to do damage.

Maybe reduce the cost quite a bit to like 5g-15g and keep the same damage but reduce the range to 1 so that it is a really powerful card only works if your plane is right up on the other unit? Just a thought.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:44 am 

Rothmorthau wrote:
Hellfire - 60g - Select an Air Unit to shoot a ground vehicle within 3 hexes for 100 damage.

Divebomb - 40g - Select a FIGHTER to shoot a ground vehicle within 3 hexes for 50 damage..

Dagnor and I were not aware of this. I'll email him and see what he says. One of our limitations right now is that we only have a certain number of unused card pictures left, and we want to use the ones that could be coded without having to add a new model or anything first

Will update with our solution once I know it

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:55 pm 

It is definitely inferior to hellfire as it stands. I was thinking similar to Rothmorthau in that it should be a distance of one. But instead of reducing the gold perhaps increase the damage. 75 would be really interesting because that could kill an artillery or recon.

OfflineProfile  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:03 pm 

dojadoug wrote:
It is definitely inferior to hellfire as it stands. I was thinking similar to Rothmorthau in that it should be a distance of one. But instead of reducing the gold perhaps increase the damage. 75 would be really interesting because that could kill an artillery or recon.

Dagnor and I are currently playing with ideas to modify the actual card effect as well as the numbers, not just slap on some different numbers and set it loose. No final decision yet

OfflineProfile  
Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ]